Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cannot start server

fbgoncalves

Hi, since a few days I started having an error when trying to start the synergy server. The log file is

[2017-05-17T09:22:16] INFO: watchdog status: error

[2017-05-17T09:22:19] INFO: starting server

[2017-05-17T09:22:19] INFO: config file: C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.H14836

[2017-05-17T09:22:19] INFO: log level: INFO

[2017-05-17T09:22:20] ERROR: ipc connection error, remote host closed

[2017-05-17T09:22:21] INFO: watchdog status: error

I have removed all of the clients from the configuration to try to eliminate a possible configuration error.

Capture.PNG

jwalstra

Seeing the same issue with 1.9.0-rc3. Win 7 as Synergy server. So far unable to uninstall or re-install due to permissions issues with getting the service to terminate.

Paul Suarez
8 hours ago, fbgoncalves said:

Hi, since a few days I started having an error when trying to start the synergy server. The log file is

[2017-05-17T09:22:16] INFO: watchdog status: error

[2017-05-17T09:22:19] INFO: starting server

[2017-05-17T09:22:19] INFO: config file: C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/qt_temp.H14836

[2017-05-17T09:22:19] INFO: log level: INFO

[2017-05-17T09:22:20] ERROR: ipc connection error, remote host closed

[2017-05-17T09:22:21] INFO: watchdog status: error

I have removed all of the clients from the configuration to try to eliminate a possible configuration error.

Capture.PNG

What's the IP address of your client machine? Have you set your client machine to use auto config? If yo, please disable it and manually enter the IP address of your server. You can start with the IP address written on bold. If it won't work, try the other one.

Paul Suarez
2 hours ago, jwalstra said:

Seeing the same issue with 1.9.0-rc3. Win 7 as Synergy server. So far unable to uninstall or re-install due to permissions issues with getting the service to terminate.

Please refer to this reply below.

2 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

What's the IP address of your client machine? Have you set your client machine to use auto config? If yo, please disable it and manually enter the IP address of your server. You can start with the IP address written on bold. If it won't work, try the other one.

fbgoncalves

I don't know what happened, I just tried it again, it gave me a message error and exited. Now it is working fine.

I really don't know what happened, maybe some problem with the service.

Thanks for your time.

Paul Suarez
1 hour ago, fbgoncalves said:

I don't know what happened, I just tried it again, it gave me a message error and exited. Now it is working fine.

I really don't know what happened, maybe some problem with the service.

Thanks for your time.

That's totally fine @fbgoncalves. We appreciate the update you shared about this. :)