Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

I installed v1.9.  The cursor seems be erratic; movement delayed for 1-3 seconds intermittently - it eventually catches up. I observed the behavior in v1.8

Paul Suarez

What firewall software do you have? How are your machines connected to the network (wired or wireless) ?

One machine is wired, the other WiFi.  (I tried setting both for WiFi, but they wouldn't communicate - even though I could see the other PC in Windows Explorer!)

My firewall is Norton Security Deluxe.  In the Program Control tab of the Firewall settings 'synergy', 'synergys', and 'syntool' access is 'Auto' (picture attached).

NIS firewall.png

I set the firewall settings to ALLOW for both client and server PCs.  The mouse cursor is no longer jittery.

However, the left mouse button click issue remains.  I must frequently return to the client screen and left click somewhere to re-enable the left mouse button for the mouse cursor on the client.

Paul Suarez

Can you press scroll lock while the cursor is still in the server's monitor then try to use it normally. Try to check if it still does that.

When scroll lock is enabled on the server it prevents the mouse cursor from leaving the server screens and entering the client screens.

Disabling scroll lock returns the mouse to normal multi-system functionality.

Edited by Tim

Server is Windows 10 Pro, version 1607, OS build 14393.1198 (about to be upgraded to Windows 10 Creator, version 1703).

Client is Windows 10 Creator, version 1703, OS build 15063.332

• 2 weeks later...
Paul Suarez
56 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Have you set the Wi-Fi network to be recognized as Private network? or is it set as Public network?

Go to Network and Sharing Center and check the network type of the network you are connected to. It is under the network name.

Paul Suarez

Can you open "Allow an app through Windows firewall" and check what type of networks are set to allow Synergy connection.