Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Problems with Synergy 1.8

For the last few years, I've been using Synergy 1.4.16 on Solaris (server) and Synergy 1.5.0 on Windows 7 (client). Today I upgraded to 1.8.6 on Solaris and 1.8.8 on Windows, but left the config file on the server side untouched. The logs on both sides show a successful connect, but I can't move the mouse to the clients' screen any longer. Any idea what might be missing? Where can I look for additional information?

What makes you believe that this will solve the problem? Both sides use the same protocol version, so it should work - as it did before with more different versions. My question was: How do I gather more information to analyse this problem?

On Solaris I am building Synergy via the pkgsrc framework, therefore I am currently stuck to 1.8.6 there, as the package hasn't been updated yet.

Paul Suarez

Let me relay this to our developers and see if they can try to replicate the issue. Although we can't provide an ETA for that, I can assure you that our team works very hard for all of the issues that Synergy users encounter. Please bear with us as we try to make Synergy better for all of you. :)