Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Keyboard not mirroring

aaswad.satpute

I am a Synergy Basic customer.
I have two MacBook Pros. The mouse works all fine! But the keyboard doesn't work on the client. I did look at https://github.com/symless/synergy/wiki/User-FAQ#why-doesnt-my-keyboard-work-on-the-client. But that doesn't seem to be the problem! I have done everything mentioned there, still no help! Only the volume up/down, mute, play/pause buttons are mirrored.
Please help.
Thanks!

Paul Suarez

Have you checked the Terminal menu in the Terminal app already? If yes, please send us a screenshot of the Terminal menu.

aaswad.satpute

Yes I have! I'm attaching the screenshot below! Also, as mentioned earlier, I did check everything mentioned in the FAQ! I also checked the keyboard layout! I'm attaching the screenshot to that as well.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 21.09.43.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 21.15.17.png

Paul Suarez

Can you try to elevate Synergy on your client machine?

1. Click Edit
  2. Click Setting
  3. Set Elevate to Always
  4. Click OK
  5. Click Apply or Start
aaswad.satpute

How do I do that? Where is the Settings in Edit? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. But here is the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-05-23 at 09.27.55.png

Paul Suarez

Please disregard my previous comment. Elevation only works for Windows machines. Do you have Last Pass or something similar installed? Password storage plugins or apps can stop keyboard working on server side.

Paul Suarez

Thanks for verifying that. Please set both machine's logging level to Debug2 and send us a copy of the logs it generates while you trying to enter the something to the client machine from server's keyboard.

Paul Suarez

Your server doesn’t even detect key press. There must be some other software blocking it. Please try to stop other software one by one and see if key press works.

• 1 month later...