Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mac does not auto connect to PC

Ross Sexter

My main machine is an Mac. I have a PC that when ever the Mac sleeps the PC loses it's connection and won't reconnect unless I open synergy and click apply. Any way around this??

Paul Suarez

On Mac there is a thing called login item, if you add Synergy in, it should auto connect after you have logged in to the Mac machine.

• 2 weeks later...
CopperTopper

As you mentioned the Login Items only applies after the login process, this requires a local mouse/keyboard on the mac... so I have to connect a keyboard to it, login, then remove the keyboard.  The purpose of purchasing the software was to eliminate the need for multiple keyboards or a KVM.  I have been experimenting with /Library/StartupItems to run Synergy on boot, but have not yet been successful.

Also, if a UAC prompt appears on the Synergy "server" machine the mac disconnects and will not reconnect without restarting the service on the mac, which requires pulling out another keyboard/mouse for the mac.

Paul Suarez

Hi @CopperTopperDue to Mac's process, Synergy can only do an auto-connect after user logs-in to it. That means you'd really need to have a keyboard and a mouse on that client computer for you to connect both machines. Our developers are still trying to look for ways on how we can have it connected before the log-in screen. We just can't provide an ETA for it yet since we currently are focused on making Synergy more stable for all supported platforms. Please bear with us as we try to make improvements so that we can make your Synergy experience more seamless. :)

CopperTopper

Although the issue with starting the process before login is important, the more difficult issue is the UAC prompts.  When a UAC prompt appears on a client PC the connection is lost for a few seconds to that PC.  If a UAC prompt appears on the server machine, the connection to PC and linux clients is lost temporarily but the MAC is lost permanently and the direct attached keyboard/mouse for the MAC has to be used to kill and restart the process.  To make this easier I have created a .sh file on the desktop of the MAC because of the frequency of occurrence.