Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Curser "jumps" or "locks to vertical/horizontal axis"

Earendil

Mouse on first computer (MacOS 10.12), the server, works fine.

Transitioning to second computer (MacOS 10.11), the client, works fine.

However, the curser "jumps" every few seconds in the direction of travel. It also wants to lock to the vertical or horizontal axis's for a half second at a time regardless of the direction of mouse travel.

Note that the curser never stops moving if the mouse is moving. So it's not like it's losing the connection and then "catching up", instead it tends to warp in the direction of travel without ever ceasing to move. Basically it acts very much like an incredibly dirty trackball.

Thoughts? This doesn't seem to be a problem that is common enough for it to be in the FAQ help section.

Edit: I just downloaded and confirmed that I am running 1.8.8 on both computers. I updated because 1.7.4 was having a similar issue, but I didn't spend much time with it since I'm just coming back to needing synergy for the first time in a year.

Edited by Earendil
Earendil

Less bothersome but maybe related: the SIZE of the curser will sometimes quickly enlarge and then return to normal. Lasts for 1/4 to 1/2 a second at most.

Earendil

Since I'm only just coming back to synergy, I'm really ready to evaluate other options. Can I at least get a few suggestions on things to try? At this point both computers have been restarted, AND I'm tried it using a clean new user on the client side.

• 1 month later...