Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse cursor spins wildly on client in World of Warcraft

Walkabout Tigger

Related to  this issue in GitHub as far as I can tell.

I have a Dell laptop as a client to my HP laptop.  I am using a Logitech M570 trackball attached to the HP.

When I have World of Warcraft running on both laptops, the mouse works correctly on the HP laptop.  On the Dell laptop, the view spins wildly any time I use the M570 to control the character or the view.  Using the client's local touchpad does not exhibit these issues.

I *SUSPECT* there is an issue / conflict between the virtual mouse driver (if that is how it is implemented) and the touchpad driver, but I have not yet experimented with uninstalling the trackpad driver and disabling it.  I am also going to try installing the M570 driver on the Dell client laptop.

I am using Synergy 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2.  The server is running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.  The client is running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.

My next steps:

1) Uninstall touchpad driver and disable touchpad hardware and test.

2) Install M570 driver on client and test.

3) Combination of steps 1 and 2

4) Install a wired external trackball on client (I despise touchpads for the most part, but use them when necessary - airplanes and the like).

5) Examine DXDiag diagnostic dump to determine if this is a DirectX pointer issue / conflict with the QuickTime pointer interface.

Paul Suarez

We can't provide any ETAs for this yet. One thing I can assure you though is that our developers are burning the midnight oil for this.

• Like 1
Walkabout Tigger

So at least 2 "minor" revisions away (1.9xx and finally 1.10).  I have to be candid and say I am quite disappointed yet I understand there are limited resources, hence desiring an estimate as to when 1.9 and 1.10 will hit the "we think we can tentatively put this out for other people to break badly" stage.