Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

"zeroconf client detected"

jblane001

I get the message; "zeroconf client detected: Jaguar" on the server after installing AVG Ultimate.  This exact setup worked before I upgraded AVG.  Does anyone have settings for AVG that I can check my setup against?  I set them pretty liberally with exceptions for Synergy, but I admit I may have missed something.

Also, Synergy Team, what is the meaning of that message?  When does it occur.  To my lay eyes it seems like the Jaguar client is attempting to connect to the server.  The server sees it.  And the server is not connecting for some reason.  This actually implies that AVG is NOT blocking the connection but something else is happening?

jblane001

Yes.  I have since tried that and it didn't make any difference.  ...Since I get the message that a Jaguar connect attempt was detected, I don't think the issue is ability to connect.  That's why I was asking what that message means.  I don't understand why Synergy is reporting the connect attempt, but not actually connecting.  It's possible I have something wrong in the configuration I suppose, but without knowing what that means I'm at a loss to figure out what to adjust/diagnose.

Paul Suarez

Can you post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface then? It'll be better if you can include a screenshot of your server's Server Configuration interface. Thanks :)

jblane001

Good morning.  Here are three screen shots; 1) client screen shot showing config and log of attempts, 2) server screen shot showing attempts from server side, and 3) server screen shot with config/advanced settings window open as well.

Jaguar (client) Screen Shot 20170528.JPG

WINDOWS-4EP0HGK (server) Screen Shot 2 with config screen 200170528.JPG

WINDOWS-4EP0HGK (server) Screen Shot 20170528.JPG

jblane001

Also, would you mind checking the code and telling me the conditions that generate this message.  That may hasten this a lot and enable me to look from my side for possible causes.

On 2017-5-29 at 5:12 PM, Paul Suarez said:

Can you ping the server machine from the client machine @jblane001 using command prompt?

Hi, I have been seeing this error recently a lot, despite not changing anything on my PC and Laptop.  Got to a point where installed the most recent release and still get this. Including just now, which prompted me to Google the error "ERROR: failed to get desktop path, no drop target available, error=2".

Having pinged the Client PC, the mouse begins to work again.  Which also stopped working thereafter when copying and pasting an image - something that was a real big issue several releases ago and appeared to be finally fixed a while ago, but seems it's back : (

Anyway having pinged the Client PC again, it begins to work!

Edited by Hiten
jblane001

Hiten, thanks for the input!

Paul, can you tell me how to ping?  I think I knew at one time, but... not so much anymore.

Paul Suarez

This step I think would be better for it @jblane001.

Do this on your client machine.

1. Click the Edit menu
  2. Click the Settings menu item
  3. Uncheck SSL

Let me know how it goes. ;)

11 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

This step I think would be better for it @jblane001.

Do this on your client machine.

1. Click the Edit menu
  2. Click the Settings menu item
  3. Uncheck SSL

Let me know how it goes. ;)

Hi Paul, thanks for the update.

I've had this off for ages as in one of the previous versions from about 9 months ago had an issue. So disabled since.

Paul Suarez

I noticed that there are 3 other network adapters enabled on your client machine @Hiten. Could you try closing Synergy on your client machine and disable the other network adapters that are enabled aside from the one with the valid IP address(192.168.x.x). After doing that, start Synergy again and try to connect with the Auto config box unchecked. When it connects, you can enable the other network adapters again if you need them.

jblane001

Hey Paul, I found the directions for how to ping and here's what I get from the server side when I ping the client:

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.159:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 6ms, Average = 2ms

When I ping the server from the client side, I get four request timed out messages and a 100% loss packet summary.

jblane001

how would I do that?  The client only has one, I believe.  The server only has the one WIFI and a built in Ethernet NIC.  How do I disable the Ethernet NIC?

Paul Suarez

On you previous screenshot. It shows that the server has 4 network adapters enabled.

multinetworkadapter.JPG.8bee521d1b8bfdb52b4f178d3e558a69.JPG

Go to Network and Sharing Center> Change Adapter settings> Right click on those network adapters that you're not using and hit Disable.

After that, restart your Synergy interface.

jblane001

OK.  I shut them all down.  One was AVG's secure VPN which I had to uninstall to shutdown.  Here's the Network and sharing screenshot (see attached).  However, the synergy configuration still shows two adapters.  What am I missing?

N&S screenshot 20170601.JPG

Synergy screen with two adapters when there is only one..JPG

jblane001

Here you go.  Back to my question... what does the zeroconf message mean?  What are the conditions that generate it?

Configure Server screen shot 20170605.JPG

jblane001

Here's the first page.  It hasn't been changed since I installed.  What condition generates the zeroconf message?

Synergy Configure Server first page screen shot 20170605.JPG

Paul Suarez

I'm pretty much sure it was changed. This page should only have one screen on it if it wasn't change since installation. Please refer to Getting started with Synergy knowledge base article for steps on how to do an initial configuration.

• Paul Suarez locked this topic