Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

mouse lagging

Synergy was installed on 3 laptops (setup is the server first, to the left of the server the client and to the left of the client another client).  I'm mostly working on the middle client.  It was working well for about a day then the mouse started to lag or skip for about 3 seconds.  Currently, the server stops and I need to stop Synergy on the server and clients in order to get Synergy working again.  I've had to restart yesterday 3 times during the day.  Can anyone make any suggestions how to make this work properly?  

Per your request, OS per laptop:

server = Vista Home Premium

left of the server the client = Windows 8.1 Pro

to the left of the client another client = Windows 7 Professional 

Paul Suarez

It should be on both. 

1. Click the Edit menu
  2. Click the Settings menu item
  3. Either check or uncheck SSL
  4. Make sure it's the same on both machines
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul, I've tried to install v1.9.0 and continue to get an error 1053, telling me i don't have rights to start a service.  i reverted back to v1.8.8.  it's getting really frustrating making me more inefficient by the day. please assist.

synergy update 190.JPG

Paul Suarez

Can you try to press and hold Shift button and right click the MSI file? You should see "Run as a different user" option. Click that and try logging in to your own user account.

If it still won't work, please right click the MSI file and click properties and show us a screenshot of the following tabs:

• General
  • Digital Signatures
  • Details (showing Description, Origin and File)
  • Security (showing permissions for your user account)

HI Paul, I have the option to run as admin with an exe file.  the msi file no option.  

Keep in mind, I do not have any permission issues when installing this version, synergy-v1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2-Windows-x64.msi

Word doc has screenshots of properties.  

mouse.JPG

mouse2.JPG

mouse3.docx

Paul Suarez

Hi @ggvmjm. Are you installing it v1.9.0 on top of the v1.8.8 (Synergy 1.8.8 still installed)? If so, did you install v1.8.8 to let the other log-in (Gertrude) access and use Synergy as well?

Yes I am installing v1.9.0 over v1.8.8.  Do i need to uninstall v1.8.8 then reinstall v1.9.0?  if yes, i already did that with the same results of not having proper permission to start a service.  

Paul Suarez

Can you try uninstalling Synergy first then run sfc /scannow command in an elevated CMD box? After that, reboot computer and re-install v1.9.

Hi Paul, i uninstalled Synergy, ran sfc /scannow, rebooted and tried to install v1.9.  That did not work.  I continue to get the error attached.  Keep in mind, i was able to install v188 without any issues with permissions to start a service.  

synergy update 190.JPG

So Paul, i reinstall v188 so i can work.  FOR NOW dealing with the mouse lags.  It's been 2.5 weeks since I've purchased Synergy.  I really wish we can get rid of the lag.  It's frustrating when you're working and can't find the mouse so I wait 3 seconds until I can find which laptop the mouse resides.  This is how I work all day and I'm not productive and have reverted back to using dedicated mouse and keyboard.  I'm sure you can relate.  

Hi Paul again, I stopped the service on v188 successfully.  I reinstalled v190.  I then got this error I click on CLOSE, then i get the synergy service failed to start.  which now makes sense, because of the first error the service cannot start.  which leads me to question, is it the install file?  could the compile of the file be corrupted?  

v190.JPG

synergy update 190.JPG