Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

OSX- Windows 10 Connection constantly drops

Hello,

I have an issue with running a server on Mac OS X (computer 1). Everything is configured properly, and yet, when the mouse "leaves the screen" the server loses connectivity to my Windows PC (computer 2), then rapidly reconnects, then loses connectivity again. The funny thing is that connectivity is lost as soon as I stop moving the mouse after leaving the screen of computer 1 onto computer 2. 

There is no issue if I run the server on windows and connect with mac. I double checked both firewalls and there is no issue with ports. 

This started with the new update  (1.8.8) and never has been an issue before. Is there an archive of older releases that I can download and use until this issue is resolved?

Thank you 

This version worked for about a minute.  Unfortunately mouse still cuts out and client informed me that "server is dead. " followed by a few messages that failed to connect to server: connection was refused. In the meantime, server said: unknown quartz event type 0xd1. 

I installed it just on Mac. Sorry. Will install it on windows as well. It's a bit problematic since it relies on remote keyboard and mouse :P will let you know what happens. 

Ah... there is no version for 32 bit Windows. What should i do?

Edited by IgorM
more info
AndyMyers

I've had a lot of problems going the other way (Windows 10 Server, OSX Client).  The only thing that's worked for me is plugging an Ethernet cable into the Mac instead of using it's wifi.  If your Mac is on Wifi I'd be interested if you're able to try this, and see if that helps?

Unfortunately I do not have an ethernet cable for mac ..... Never purchased the adapter.  I ran the network tests and they are pretty snappy. Are you thinking there may be an issue with the network card? 

AndyMyers
13 minutes ago, IgorM said:

Unfortunately I do not have an ethernet cable for mac ..... Never purchased the adapter.  I ran the network tests and they are pretty snappy. Are you thinking there may be an issue with the network card? 

No I don't, but I haven't had good results with Synergy over wifi on my Mac (even with the new build mentioned above) so I was wondering if that could be the issue here.

I played around with the server for a little while yesterday and noticed a drop in wireless use when the server stops working (which is expected) and dramatic increase in CPU usage (from 2.5% --> 40+%). Also version 1.90 keeps giving me unknown quartz event type 0xd1 error even on startup. 

Any thoughts?