Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Losing connection from client when VPN session is started

ingithor

Hi, I loose the connection from my Windows laptop to my Linux server, running Synergy as server, when I start a VPN session on the laptop. Connection to the server is lost, and any retries failes with 'Connection was refused'. I imagine that a firewall is preventing that, but do you have any good resolution to that scenario ?

ingithor
6 minutes ago, ingithor said:

Hi, I loose the connection from my Windows laptop to my Linux server, running Synergy as server, when I start a VPN session on the laptop. Connection to the server is lost, and any retries failes with 'Connection was refused'. I imagine that a firewall is preventing that, but do you have any good resolution to that scenario ?

Wanted to add that before I start the VPN session I can successfully start a SSH session from the laptop to the Linux server.
That is no longer possible after having started the VPN session, and that attempt also reports 'Connection refused'.

Paul Suarez

This could be due to the VPN you are connecting to. What VPN are you using? Is it for work or just for Internet security?

ingithor
1 hour ago, Paul Suarez said:

This could be due to the VPN you are connecting to. What VPN are you using? Is it for work or just for Internet security?

I'm using Cisco AnyConnect, which is required setup for remote access to Work.

Paul Suarez

Hi @ingithor. Based on your description we are confident that it would be the Cisco AnyConnect VPN that blocks you from using Synergy. Same thing as you can't start an SSH session. Do you have an IT department for you to ask assistance in setting that VPN up?

ingithor
11 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @ingithor. Based on your description we are confident that it would be the Cisco AnyConnect VPN that blocks you from using Synergy. Same thing as you can't start an SSH session. Do you have an IT department for you to ask assistance in setting that VPN up?

Hi, thanks, I will have to bring it up with the IT dept (:-|)