Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

[1.8.8] Connection timed out

Paul Suarez

Hi @White Autumn. Your client machine is trying to look for your server machine on the 192.168.134.x network. If you notice that the IP address written on bold is 192.168.134.1. That means that your client machine is on 192.168.134.x network. What you can do is to disable the other network adapters or disconnect from the networks which is not connected to 192.168.1.x network, which is where your server is currently on. After that, restart Synergy interface on your client machine for it to detect that you are connected to the 192.168.1.x network.

• Like 1
White Autumn

@Paul Suarez ah, I see.
On the client I changed the interface setting to 1 and the server and client seem to be communication now but they still are not able to connect.
Did I do the interface wrong or is something else broken?

SERVER:
2X4EASl.png

CLIENT:
tNpPBIh.png

Edited by White Autumn
Paul Suarez

Please don't write anything on the Interface box. The unrecognised client name error occurs when you haven't been able to setup the server's Server Configuration correctly. Please have that configured.

White Autumn

@Paul Suarez It does seem to try to connect on the correct network though if I have 1 in the interface box, is it not?
Well if the me messing with the interface option was the problem, I set it back to nothing and it's no longer connecting. I disabled all other network adapters and it's not connecting either.

CLIENT:
jT5qTzb.png

Here's the server setup. Do I need to do anything more than this?

SERVER:
7NqWQYp.png

SWeb9NI.png

Z4gKSIo.png

sVdCFyv.png

Edited by White Autumn
Paul Suarez

It should look like this.

sampleserverconfigpic.JPG.d878c6d966aa1d5bb827377fa570389f.JPG

Or the other way around. Or if you wanted one machine's screen on top of the other.

Paul Suarez

Can you uncheck that Auto config box before starting?

1. Uncheck that Auto config
  2. Close Synergy interface
  3. Start Synergy again
  4. Try to connect
Paul Suarez
4 minutes ago, White Autumn said:

@Paul Suarez Seems to work not for some reason. Thank you for putting up with me.

You're welcome @White Autumn. It feels great knowing that it works for you now. Let us know if you'd have any concerns in the future. Have a great day. ;)