Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

ERROR: ipc connection error, remote host closed

2 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Can you try pinging the other machine from the other one?

I have tried that, nothing happens. I've tried it both when using my windows as server (the setup I want) and when I experimented with my mac as server. Though my windows does show up in the configuration screen (as shown in one of my earlier screen shots), when using the mac as server.. 

Just now, Paul Suarez said:

What do you mean by "nothing happens"? Are you unable to ping the machines?

I'm sorry I don't know how I did it but I read pinging as typing, like in have I tried using my keyboard between the two machines. 

But how do I do that? 

1 minute ago, Paul Suarez said:

And when trying to connect them now, does it still give you an error?

Yes, still the same old: ERROR: ipc connection error, remote host closed- on windows while my mac says: WARNING: failed to connect to server: Timed out 

Just now, Paul Suarez said:

Would it be fine if we try to uninstall it on both machines and reboot them before re-installing?

Sure. I'll try that again.

21 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Would it be fine if we try to uninstall it on both machines and reboot them before re-installing?

everything is exactly as before

2 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

How about switching as to which one is server and which one is the client?

Also the exact same thing as before. My windows shows up in the configuration window on the mac, but I can't do anything with it, neither keyboard or mouse works. 

• 4 months later...

Hi Paul,

Any new on this topic ? I'm just exactly in the same problem. Did you find any solution to this ?

Setup differences :

• Windows 10 pro 64 bit Creator Update
  • v1.8.8 on server (windows 10)
  • macOs Sierra 10.12.6

Hint : the setup worked in may, seems an update of something or a environment configuration change broke it.

Best regards

• 4 months later...

I just reinstalled on my PC side and it works fine. I think a windows update or update from my VPN software borked it. I disabled extra network adapters while doing it. But all is working after a quick uninstall reinstall.