Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse buttons 4 and 5 are not recognized correctly and not sent to client

randomdude

Hi there

I have a problem with mouse buttons 4 and 5 (the two buttons on the side you can use to navigate back and forth)
on two different Logitech mice (G9X and G700):
They are not sent to the client. According to the debug log Synergy recognizes both buttons as button 0:

DEBUG1: event: button press button=0

Both server and client are Windows 10 machines, connected over LAN and everything else works perfectly.
I installed the Logitech Gaming Software drivers and tried everything there from changing the button mapping to resetting the complete profile and button mapping.
I reinstalled the software several times and once even completely removed the mouse drivers in the device manager.
All of this didn't help. The strange thing is: Right after the first installation of the Logitech Software until the restart it worked for a short period of time.
Synergy correctly recognized the buttons as buttons 4 and 5 and sent them to the client. But now for no apparent reason it doesn't work anymore and I can't find out why.

I tried the suggestions from here without success. Workarounds like mapping the buttons to keystrokes for navigating back and forth in explorer won't work for me.
I really need the mouse buttons itself on the client PC so I can map them differently in different programs.

I have noticed something interesting, tough: I tried again the next day and for a couple of minutes after a reconnect it worked.
The mouse buttons were recognized correctly and sent to the client. I noticed that while it was working for each mouse button press there were four entries in the debug log:

[2017-06-05T16:01:30] DEBUG1: event: button press button=4
[2017-06-05T16:01:30] DEBUG1: onMouseDown id=4
[2017-06-05T16:01:30] DEBUG1: event: button release button=4
[2017-06-05T16:01:30] DEBUG1: onMouseUp id=4
[2017-06-05T16:01:31] DEBUG1: event: button press button=5
[2017-06-05T16:01:31] DEBUG1: onMouseDown id=5
[2017-06-05T16:01:31] DEBUG1: event: button release button=5
[2017-06-05T16:01:31] DEBUG1: onMouseUp id=5

However, while it is not working there are only two entries per button press:

[2017-06-05T16:13:22] DEBUG1: event: button press button=0
[2017-06-05T16:13:22] DEBUG1: event: button release button=0
[2017-06-05T16:13:23] DEBUG1: event: button press button=0
[2017-06-05T16:13:23] DEBUG1: event: button release button=0

Another thing I noticed is that the mouse buttons are not recognized correctly in the Hotkeys configuration when "configuring the server interactively".
When creating a new Hotkey, both buttons are recognized as "mousebutton(4)".

Any help would be appreciated!

randomdude
10 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Are you using Logitech's Gaming Software to customize those mice?

I tried with and without the Gaming Software. Didn't make a difference.
Within the software I also tried to reset the button mappings and bind / unbind the side buttons.
All of this didn't help.

Paul Suarez

Thank you for the information @randomdude. This is now fully noted by our developers. They are still working for ways on how to make it work with extra buttons for mice. Currently we can't provide an ETA yet.

randomdude

Allright, thanks for your help!
Any idea on why it worked for a short period of time and what could have caused it to stop working?