Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Add/disable screens and not systems

JDDoesIT

This is a spinoff from an already existing post:

I want to have the Screens and links tab changed. Instead of adding systems by name I would like to see the following:

• Add a new "clients" tab where you list authenticated systems
  • Add Screens with any name that you want as auth would be handled on the clients tab
  • In the screen settings window is where you would specify the system where you can only choose from the systems specified in the new tab
  • Also in the screen settings window is where you would specify the number of the screen
  • Specifying a positive number would pick the same numbered screen that shows when you identify screens from your display settings
  • Specifying 0 would group all available screens on that system
  • Once you create a screen it is saved and you can delete/disable it in the screens and links tab and not ever have to recreate it

I have two laptops and each has a second monitor. One of for gaming/dev and the other is for business/system programming. When i am on the road I take both systems, but only the second screen for the gaming system. I would want to be able to add and remove the second work screen easily.

Just had a thought mid stroke...

What if the screens and links tab allowed you to create multiple configurations so that you could swap back and forth between them? Say that you have a system that you take to work and home... Just one simple click and bam...home an work setups with just a click.