Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Connection error

I have installed Synergy onto my 64 bit Windows 7 computer and I am trying to connect and I am getting a continuous error (ipc connection error, code=7)  I have been on the forums and none of the solutions that I have tried seem to work.  I have now uninstalled the program and I am going to reinstall it.  Please advise

Edited by Tbot38
Paul Suarez

Hi @Tbot38. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

My server computer is running Windows 10  64 bit  (Server).   and my client computer is running Window 7 64 bit (Client).  They are both connected to the network via Ethernet.  In the client screenshot you may notice that there is a 192.x.x.x Ip address and on the server there is a 172.x.x.x ip address scheme.   The client is connected to the network via a gateway utilizing the 4 port switch.  I have also connected the client directly to the network so that  it got a 172.x.x.x ip address but it got the same result.

Synergy Error-Server.jpg

Synergy Server-Ver..jpg

Synergy Client-Ver.jpg

Synergy Error.jpg

Paul Suarez

Although you have connected the gateway to the network and the client to that gateway, it doesn't mean they are on the same network. What your gateway does is that it created  different network under 172.x.x.x network. They have different subnets, therefore they can't communicate or even see each other. It's like your server doesn't know that your client machine is existing and same goes to your client. You can verify that by pinging 192.137.48.39 from your server. They need to be on the same network and should be on the same subnet for communication.

If it's not a requirement for your server machine to be on the 172.x.x.x network, you can connect it to that gateway as well for it to be on the 192.137.x.x network and communicate with the client machine.

I completely understand this fact.  I just pointed it out to you to let you know that,  I have tried it both ways and neither way works.  I have another computer that is connected through the switch with a 192.x.x.x ip address and it is working fine without any issues. The only major difference is, it is running Windows XP as its O.S.   I have gone into both computers  and compared settings one for one to make sure that all setting are identical, and they are.  The fact still remains that one works and one doesn't.

Paul Suarez

If the XP works with that setup, that would be really weird. If you can post screenshots of the XP connected to it, it would be so much helpful. Also, I just noticed that the screenshot above shows an interface without the "Fingerprint" under neath the IP address which leads me to an idea that the version used on that machine is outdated.