Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

I do not see any configuration options

• 3 months later...
z3razerviper

Encryption

Server VS Client (or better yet can a box be both a server and client like multiplicty) 

IP address

Also I go between work and home so i would like my laptop to be able to connect to two servers. 

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
1 minute ago, Mohammad Minaie said:

Custom Button Mappings between Mac and Windows

Yeah, we'll add that to the upcoming settings screen.

z3razerviper

most of us techy people don't trust automatic. Quick question this version is not starting and running in the tray and when I close the main window i stops everthing. Did i do something wrong..it should be in the tray right?

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Synergy 2 is meant for both techy and non-techy people. That's why we're doing automatic first, then adding the manual config later on (once we've mastered auto mode).

I'm a fan of the automatic (what we call JFW) configuration and haven't yet felt there were any settings I wanted/needed to adjust.

The one thing that has dogged me a bit, particularly when debugging VPN "why doesn't it JFW?" issues has been a lack of insight into the IP that the machine is reporting for itself, and the IP it receives from the Symless server for the location of it's client(s)/server. Even a simple right-click-on-machine "info" panel would help greatly with debugging, particularly the address(es):port(s) that have been autoconfigured.

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
9 hours ago, swaziloo said:

lack of insight into the IP that the machine is reporting for itself

Good news. We've added a ton of IP logging to beta4 (access the log view with the ` key). It'll be released very shortly!

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
13 hours ago, z3razerviper said:

How about the tray icon issue i mentioned above?

A tray icon is probably not necessary, beta4 has service mode which runs in the background.

z3razerviper
5 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

A tray icon is probably not necessary, beta4 has service mode which runs in the background.

Really because when I close it everything quits working.. :(

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
4 minutes ago, z3razerviper said:

Really because when I close it everything quits working.. :(

Because you're using beta3, whereas beta4 is about to be released ;-)

IMO, you're doing it backwards.
Automatic/JFW/IdiotMode/Whatever should be done last, not first. Stabilize the product then turn on autopilot.
As stated many times, it's beta software.
And as you are finding out, it is not easy, and frustrating for us, to troubleshoot a blackbox. Many (most) of us are techies and are happy to be guinea pigs, but you aren't making our jobs of testing any easier if we don't know what's going on. There's no documentation, no instructions, just "install it, trust us!".
Heck I didn't even know it phoned home for registration until it did it. Naughty naughty (Not that it did, but I wasn't made aware it would.)
You know, that brings up a good question, what is going on in the background of Synergy2?

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
1 hour ago, BradA said:

You know, that brings up a good question, what is going on in the background of Synergy2?

You can find out what's happening in the background by opening the logs (open Synergy and press the ` key).

On 9/13/2017 at 9:48 AM, Nick Bolton said:

I would really like to see a icon to make sure its running, maybe add an option to hide/display it later?

I have a 14 monitor setup.  Some computers have a third or fourth monitor that doesn't line up with the cursor across all screens.  WE NEED a configuration option.  The previous version had a very easy config file that could be manipulated with percentages to allow for the cursor to go across the screens in a straight line.  Will that be possible?  

On 9/13/2017 at 2:48 AM, Nick Bolton said:

You sure about that? Beta 4 still quits every time I close the window.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
14 hours ago, Archer said:

You sure about that? Beta 4 still quits every time I close the window.

Are you absolutely sure you're running beta4? Because the window no longer runs anything, it's purely for configuration. If it stops working, then it's most likely a huge bug. Could you send your logs, and let me know exactly what time you close the window?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
14 hours ago, FireFrenzy said:

I also feel "Minimize to tray" is absolutely critical atleast for windows users, not sure if theres an equivalent option on apple and linux...

There is no point to minimize to tray because beta4 is always running in the background. The window is now for configuration only, so minimizing it to the tray would be pointless.