Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Server monitor between two client monitors

Grumbleduke

Hi all,

First time posting, so I apologize up front if I'm making any missteps.

Thanks to an iMac that refuses to play ball with Target Display Mode, I've got a setup with an iMac (server) flanked by two Windows monitors (clients), one on either side of the iMac. I've searched but haven't found a way to get Synergy to recognize the Windows monitors as separate entities. What I'd like to do is have Synergy set up like so:

[Client #2]---[Server]---[Client #1]

Is there any way to finagle the configuration file to support this? Due to the size of the iMac screen and the way my desk is constructed, re-positioning the monitors isn't feasible, so I'm essentially stuck with this physical configuration.

Thanks,

-G

Paul Suarez

Ohw, I think I got what you meant. You mean you only have one Mac and one Windows machine. But you have 2 monitors for the Windows machine and you want the other monitor to be on the left side of the Mac and the other one to the right of it, is that it?

Grumbleduke
1 hour ago, Paul Suarez said:

Ohw, I think I got what you meant. You mean you only have one Mac and one Windows machine. But you have 2 monitors for the Windows machine and you want the other monitor to be on the left side of the Mac and the other one to the right of it, is that it?

Correct!

Paul Suarez

This is not supported yet @Grumbleduke. Although we are looking forward for this to be implemented sooner. We are just focused now on making Synergy more stable, and after that this feature and many more will surely be added. We hope that you can bear with us as we strive harder in making your Synergy experience more seamless.