Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Connection lost with ERROR: ipc connection error

igetitnow

For what it's worth, I'm having the very same problem between OpenSuse Leap 42.2 and Windows 10 Creator's Update. Everything worked perfectly fine (except for the already resolved issue of not being able to have computer names containing any special characters), but then suddenly the connection was lost. If it's any help at all, this appears to have happened when I started uploading and deleting stuff to/from DropBox using the desktop clients for OpenSuse and Windows respectively. I'm am completely at a loss with these things, so if it's of no value to solving the problem, just ignore this detail. : )

Paul Suarez

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

igetitnow

Thanks for your reply. Here are more details about my machines.

Server: 
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Synergy Basic, version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2
Connected via Ethernet

Client:
openSUSE Leap 42.2 64-bit
Synergy Basic, version 1.7.4 (from the official repos)
Connected via Wi-Fi

server_settings.png

client.png

server.png

server_configinterface.png

Paul Suarez

Basing it on the screenshots, you haven't added a screen on your server configuration to represent your "linuxthink" machine yet. Please make sure that you have configured your server for it to recognize your client machine. You can refer to Getting started with Synergy knowledge base article for steps on how to configure it initially.

igetitnow

Well, that's embarrasing. That's all I had to do. Now it works like a charm again. Sorry about this noobness, and thanks a lot of the quick help!

Paul Suarez
3 hours ago, igetitnow said:

Well, that's embarrasing. That's all I had to do. Now it works like a charm again. Sorry about this noobness, and thanks a lot of the quick help!

No worries at all @igetitnow. There's always a first time for everything. That's where your display name get's in. :P Thanks for the update though.;)