Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Splitting Multiple Monitors

Main computer (acting as the Synergy server) has 1 monitor. It is an iMac with large screen so I have this one as my main monitor.

I have another computer which has 2 screens. I have put one of these on the left of the iMac and the other on the right.

The CONFIG SERVER assumes that BOTH screens, for the 2nd computer, are actually just ONE screen.

Is there any way to configure Synergy so the monitors of the 2nd computer can be positioned independently?

For the moment, I have set up Synergy so the second computer is positioned BELOW the server. That way I can move the mouse to the bottom of the 1st computer (server) and it will appear on one of the 2 screens of the 2nd computer.

Paul Suarez

Hi @ur006327. It is how Synergy is really designed. The multi-monitor setup of each machine relies independently on their own display settings. Are you having problems having that in place? If so, can you provide us a graphical representation of how you setup your machine's monitor(s)?

I figured as much but thought that I would ask the question just in case I had missed something. Thanks for your response.