Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

help told to post here

sean.grogan

I unplugged the ethernet cable from the desktop and it workes.  But it's that latency issue I said from the other post.  It is not remotely a smooth experience on the client system

Paul Suarez
3 minutes ago, Mark9719 said:

Hey Paul,

It could be just depending on how the firewall is set up, my home network is set up so they are segregated networks and no communication can happen between them, assuming it was all done properly with a decent router there wouldn't be an issue with it.

Well deserved "like" @Mark9719. Keep rockin'!;)

@sean.grogan is the client a laptop / wireless device by any chance? Wireless could cause some latency issues depending on how many people are on your network, how much of the network is being used etc. All of which are contributing factors, if you can the best thing to do would have both connected to the same switch or router via ethernet, this should help with the latency issues.

Paul Suarez
2 minutes ago, sean.grogan said:

I unplugged the ethernet cable from the desktop and it workes.  But it's that latency issue I said from the other post.  It is not remotely a smooth experience on the client system

What's your current IP address on that machine after unplugging the Ethernet cable?

@sean.grogan This is how I mitigated my issues of wireless lag, you may not need something as complicated as this and may just be able to have ethernet between the switch and the router (Was not possible in my case) however this setup allows my computers to communicate via gigabit ethernet using the Wireless DDWRT switch and then that switch connects to the MiFi wirelessly which allows everything that is plugged into the DDWRT switch to have internet.

issuesresolved.png