Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Demanding a Refund

Originally i bought this product because it was highly rated even by the most reputable Tech channels on youtube namely LInusTechTips, but unfortunately it doesnt work as advertised(at least for me), i was expecting a hassle free install and you're good to go but it failed to deliver on that. As of such i want a refund since it didnt live up to my expectations.

Just to highlight what issues i had were as follows:-

My current setup is a notebook and a desktop cum server, and im trying to make the notebook the host and the desktop the client however i keep getting a failed to launch error server side(laptop) however if i reverse this by setting the desktop as the host and the notebook as the client it connects and works but then now im still missing the other feature which is copying and pasting between both PCs, both text copy/paste and file copy/paste simply doesnt work. after wasting hours reading up what could be the issue i.e firewall, ip, or even possibly port forwarding(which shouldnt be an issue since it was supposed to work without PF).

i also read that OS language might be the culprit but i was able to disprove that since i could get the desktop to connect to the notebook while in Host and Client respectively but not vice versa.

My current notebook is running a japanese version of Windows 10 and the desktop is running an english version or Windows 10,

despite getting a discount through LinusTechTips at 50% off the Pro version im dissatisfied by the outcome. Unless anyone can solve my issue as mentioned i want a full refund

synergysucks

It isn't just you. Synergy has been this bad for literally years. It used to work better when it was free and open source. The display layout configuration was a nightmare, but it actually worked. Over a decade later and this simple program with singular purpose still has such amazing flaws. Crashes frequently, clicks don't get sent, the connection drops, one or both machines need to have the daemon restarted, fails to handle wake and sleep conditions, etc etc. It's honestly mind-blowing. This is a real company, with full-time engineers? I think your company photos are very telling: you fuck around all day and never write software, leeching off the consumers and enterprise customers you are scamming.

I only use macOS and Windows physical machines these days so I've been using ShareMouse. It automatically detects other machines on the network and works right out of the box. No hassle. No, I'm not paid by them, I'm just really fucking pissed I spent money and time on this godawful steaming pile of shit. I mean, just look at this very forum! It's FILLED with THE EXACT SAME BUG COMPLAINTS OVER AND OVER! They never get fixed! After YEARS! YOU ONLY HAVE ONE JOB!

synergysucks

Oh and it's hilarious how you show the log text right on the main UI. That's bad UX 101, but of course, you need the logs there because you have so many bugs that users can't figure it out otherwise. You have a permanent diagnostic display built into the thing because it's NEEDED, and that's very telling.

• Like 1

Hey Guys,

I don't work for Synergy nor am I affiliated with them, however I am a software developer that has developed a lot of stuff, for example (www.flappy-world.ca) I'm not quite sure you realize how hard client / server applications are to develop, especially in a non controlled environment where any PC could have just one different update that would break it all, I currently have a mac that is incompatible with Synergy, while yes this sucks and I am a little disappointed because it makes the mac hard to use you don't see me here taking a shit over the developers. I guarantee this does not make enough money to employ even one person full time, it is definitely just enough to let everyone that volunteers their time have a little bit while they can do something that they love. So if you really think it's so easy I'd like you guys to sit down and write something like Synergy for me, something with no bugs, that works on windows, mac and linux (all distros of linux as well) I want it to have as many features and not a single bug or issue, and if its really that big of a deal for you then you can hide the "log text" somewhere, however it is not considered bad UX 101, as someone that writes programs for servers, and I mean server that run in multi million dollar companies I can tell you that in client server applications having the log right on the screen is good practice. It's for when something breaks, that way there is no need to go digging or hunting to find what you need to figure out what is wrong. So before you guys complain and make accounts to solely shit on people, I'd suggest you put yourself in their shoes, I can probably guarantee that none of you would be capable of creating synergy, a program that DOES work for millions of people. Once one of you can beat what the team here has done and still does along side their real jobs then you get to comment about how things aren't getting done, something simple as a button not getting clicked could take looking through thousands of lines of codes to find the bug (Which could be as small as missing a comma or a semicolon, or a misspelled word, they don't just stand out and say "I'm right here fix me") and even once the bug is found if its not something simple it could take hundreds of lines of code to fix. So rather then posting just to shit over all of the people that have worked hard on this project and the people that are on this forum that trying to help people I'd suggest looking at how hard it would be to do it yourself.

PS. If you open an actual support thread that isn't "Demanding a refund" or "synergysucks" then someone here will help you as much as we can to try in fix the issue, whether it be me or @Paul Suarez, I guarantee that someone will answer you, if you look at all of the other posts you will notice that almost all of them have an answer or at least a simple thank you for using Synergy if they have figured out their own problem. However this one does not because it is people like you coming into a forum where you know nobody, know nothing about the company or even how basic code works. So as I said before, open a real forum post if you want help or even the slightest chance at getting your money back

TL;DR: These people are just assholes that don't understand, and they should open a real post if they want to learn/ want help.

1 hour ago, Mark9719 said:

Hey Guys,

I don't work for Synergy nor am I affiliated with them, however I am a software developer that has developed a lot of stuff, for example (www.flappy-world.ca) I'm not quite sure you realize how hard client / server applications are to develop, especially in a non controlled environment where any PC could have just one different update that would break it all, I currently have a mac that is incompatible with Synergy, while yes this sucks and I am a little disappointed because it makes the mac hard to use you don't see me here taking a shit over the developers. I guarantee this does not make enough money to employ even one person full time, it is definitely just enough to let everyone that volunteers their time have a little bit while they can do something that they love. So if you really think it's so easy I'd like you guys to sit down and write something like Synergy for me, something with no bugs, that works on windows, mac and linux (all distros of linux as well) I want it to have as many features and not a single bug or issue, and if its really that big of a deal for you then you can hide the "log text" somewhere, however it is not considered bad UX 101, as someone that writes programs for servers, and I mean server that run in multi million dollar companies I can tell you that in client server applications having the log right on the screen is good practice. It's for when something breaks, that way there is no need to go digging or hunting to find what you need to figure out what is wrong. So before you guys complain and make accounts to solely shit on people, I'd suggest you put yourself in their shoes, I can probably guarantee that none of you would be capable of creating synergy, a program that DOES work for millions of people. Once one of you can beat what the team here has done and still does along side their real jobs then you get to comment about how things aren't getting done, something simple as a button not getting clicked could take looking through thousands of lines of codes to find the bug (Which could be as small as missing a comma or a semicolon, or a misspelled word, they don't just stand out and say "I'm right here fix me") and even once the bug is found if its not something simple it could take hundreds of lines of code to fix. So rather then posting just to shit over all of the people that have worked hard on this project and the people that are on this forum that trying to help people I'd suggest looking at how hard it would be to do it yourself.

PS. If you open an actual support thread that isn't "Demanding a refund" or "synergysucks" then someone here will help you as much as we can to try in fix the issue, whether it be me or @Paul Suarez, I guarantee that someone will answer you, if you look at all of the other posts you will notice that almost all of them have an answer or at least a simple thank you for using Synergy if they have figured out their own problem. However this one does not because it is people like you coming into a forum where you know nobody, know nothing about the company or even how basic code works. So as I said before, open a real forum post if you want help or even the slightest chance at getting your money back

TL;DR: These people are just assholes that don't understand, and they should open a real post if they want to learn/ want help.

I'm not here to bash people, let me tell you as a freelancing developer myself i understand that there are quirks that users would have to contend to, it is already a given that a 0 bug software is hard to attain but if even simple functionality of what a product was advertised for fails to deliver its nor really as good of a product is it now? any hows i have mailed their support team and personally requested a full refund and they have obliged therefore theres not much of a discussion to be made on this. Just between you and me as developers you should know that there is always the developers arrogance syndrome, one examnple software which used to be a boon to me was hamachi but ever since LOGMEIN became an actual company and got greedy things really went downhill, this is what i mean by that if you have experience using a VPN client.

Remember a product is only good if the support that comes along with it is vetted for otherwise it deserves to be in the waste bin like the rest of the other mass produced copy cat programs.

3 hours ago, synergysucks said:

It isn't just you. Synergy has been this bad for literally years. It used to work better when it was free and open source. The display layout configuration was a nightmare, but it actually worked. Over a decade later and this simple program with singular purpose still has such amazing flaws. Crashes frequently, clicks don't get sent, the connection drops, one or both machines need to have the daemon restarted, fails to handle wake and sleep conditions, etc etc. It's honestly mind-blowing. This is a real company, with full-time engineers? I think your company photos are very telling: you fuck around all day and never write software, leeching off the consumers and enterprise customers you are scamming.

I only use macOS and Windows physical machines these days so I've been using ShareMouse. It automatically detects other machines on the network and works right out of the box. No hassle. No, I'm not paid by them, I'm just really fucking pissed I spent money and time on this godawful steaming pile of shit. I mean, just look at this very forum! It's FILLED with THE EXACT SAME BUG COMPLAINTS OVER AND OVER! They never get fixed! After YEARS! YOU ONLY HAVE ONE JOB!

temporarily i have switched over to share mouse and yes it works flawlessly, but after having a bad experience with synergy im on the fence on actually paying sharemouse for a full version, to be honest i just need mouse and keyboard functionality and not copy and paste even though it would be better, should sharemouse fail as well then im considering getting a physical KVM switch instead, although that would be more hassling since im not using 2 desktops but a notebook and a desktop/server setup which means i have to move around my notebook from time to time which makes unplugging and replugging the KVM switch constantly a chore which may end up just sucking it up