Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Cannot use modifier keys on client

PlayingKarrde

Host is Windows 10, client is macOS Sierra.

I mostly use my Mac for creative apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc) so being able to use the modifier keys (shift, alt, ctrl, command) are essential to my workflow. Right now in Synergy it doesn't appear to work.

I did a search and a bug from 3 years ago came up stating that Synergy is sending multiple inputs on button down (like if you were holding a regular key down) rather than a keyDown and keyUp signal. The fact this bug was so old and this problem persists causes me major concern and I may need to look into other options now rather than using Synergy.

Does anyone else have this issue and/or know of a fix? 

Thanks in advance.

PlayingKarrde

After further testing it seems the issue is actually caused by the fact that I was using a mouse directly connected to MacOS but my keyboard through Synergy. I do this as the connection is stronger and would like to continue this workflow, so if it were possible to use modifiers along with a native mouse that would be ideal! (I realize this is more of an edge case though)

PlayingKarrde

Hi Paul, I think you misunderstand - the issue isn't with where the buttons are placed, rather I cannot hold the button down and click on something (i.e. hold shift and select multiple objects). The reason I use a mouse connected directly to the Mac rather than using synergy to control the mouse is that synergy is crazy unreliable and jittery over wifi making it basically useless (yes I installed the 1.9.0 r3 "wifi fix" version but that's done nothing). 

So ideally what I'm looking for is the ability to use my keyboard properly when using a direct connection mouse.