Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

The keyboard does not work on the client

So... IF server is Linux Debian 9 and client is Windows 7 changing the layout to the client (windows 7) does not work. 

If the server is Windows 7 and the client is Linux Debian 9 the keyboard does not work if Synergy window in the server-side (Windows 7) is not in the foreground. Even minimized the keyboard is unresponsive for the client (Linux Debian 9) side 

Not sure what you mean external and internal but, main layout for both machines is en_US secondary bg_BG. And really do prefer to use debian as a server because is a desktop and the client is laptop Windows 7.

I haven't done anything bu the issue is gone. I mean yesterday also tried to restart both machines and does not help. Today is working if the server is Windows and client is Debian. By the way, drag and drop function do not work in both directions also. Does not matter which is server or client. Is it a known issue? 

Paul Suarez

Thanks for the update on this @Igoshin. Drag and drop is not yet supported on Linux machines. Though our developers are on "All hands on deck" mode for this feature.

By the way, I found the bug. If the layout is bg_BG to the server (Windows 7) then to the client Linux the keyboard typing is not working. You have to change to en_US to the server then I'm able to use the keyboard to the client.

Paul Suarez

I see. I think this shouldn't be labeled us a bug. Synergy is for sharing your keyboard and mouse keys and keystrokes. Synergy indeed is sharing those, it's just that your client doesn't understand the strokes due to difference in the layout. Same thing as I'll share information with someone using a different language that he/she doesn't understand.

I think adding this new feature would be best instead of labeling it as a bug (I might be wrong thuogh). Anyways, I'll share this to the whole team as well for it to be checked for enhancement opportunities.

Thanks for sharing that information @Igoshin.