Hello! šŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

activation support request

Hi, I just bought 4 licenses of synergy, I have two computers one desktop computer with a dual boot system of Windows 7 and Windows 10 and the other it's a laptop with Windows 10 on it

I have Installed synergy on both of the computers but the product key is recognized only bye my Windows 7 system While the other copies of the software cannot be activated because the software rejects it and as a result It doesn't work properly, maybe it's because I have received one product key for all my 4 licenses

I don't know if the fact that I received one product key for all my licenses it's because of a mistake or it's supposed to be that way ?

I'm attaching the invoices that I receivedĀ  to this email for ease of reference

hope you will help me to solve the matter thanks in advance

Ā 

Ā 

Paul Suarez

Hi @bentish. I have removed the screenshots you have posted for your security.

One license key should be enough even if you have bought it for multiple machines. What error are you getting when you try to activate it?

An error occurred while trying to activate Synergy. Please
contact the helpdesk, and provide the following information:
Invalid serial key

Paul Suarez

What version of Synergy do you have on that machine? Please post a screenshot of About Synergy box. You can click Help and click About Synergy for it to show up.

Paul Suarez

I deleted the screenshot of your serial you have posted. Please reply to the private message I sent you. Don't send a screenshot of it. Send us the actual key.

Problem solved

I'd like to say thank you so much for your assistance :)

By the way I'd noticed that when I use my Windows 10 laptop with Windows 10 as server on my desktop detransition of the mouse is quite smooth, but when I switch the desktop to Windows 7 the transition is laggy and I have to wiggle the mouse quite rapidly in order for the mouse cursor to appear on my laptop screen

I suspect it happens because of the difference between the operating systems is my assumption correct andĀ  is there someway to improve it ?

can you just tell me pleaseĀ on how many server and client systems I can use the software in case that I have bought just a single user license ?