Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse clicks on client not working

hi, 

I purchased Synergy a few days ago and right from the start I've had issues with the mouse clicks not always working on the client machines. I have to go to the server software and click "apply"
to re-start the service, this works for a short time, but then I am back with the "no click on client issue" so I have to click apply again, and on it goes...

this is a real pain, and makes this otherwise very useful software into something I keep wondering if it was worth it, add to this that the mouse movement on the client machine is also a little jittery? and not as smooth as I would expect? (in fact it's a little vague on the host PC too) - I've noticed because I create 3D/rendered images and small and intricate mouse movements are critical for what i do, but it's a little harder since installing Synergy. 

also, I paid for the pro version (which has SSL encryption) but Synergy doesn't work at all if it's enabled! so I am paying for a feature that I can't use.

regards,

mrP

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrP

• Paul Suarez

• Nick Bolton

• Nothing To See Here

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I paid my $ and upgraded to Synergy 2.0.2-stable. It is very cool -- no configuration necessary: after signing in to my Symless account on both machines they automatically found each other. The best p

Nick I strongly suggest you get your support people over here. The community has been very good at documenting the issues.

It's a general discussion forum. You've made your opinion clear. Feel free to enjoy the competing product, but please don't make unsubstantiated claims against Synergy. If it's actually working 10% of

Posted Images

Paul Suarez

Hi @mrP. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

HOST PC...

Asus Z97-A Mobo
Intel i7 4770K CPU (3.5GHz)
32GB DDR3 RAM (2400)
2 X Asus Titan GPUs
2 X Samsung 840 Pro SSDs in RAID
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CLIENT PC...

Shuttle XPC

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU (2.5GHz)
4GB RAM
Intel G41 Express Chipset
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

Synergy HOST version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 and CLIENT version is the same.

I will have to post images tomorrow if you still need them?

regards,

mrP

Paul Suarez

If the steps below won't work, then go ahead and post the screenshots I requested. :)

1. Click Edit
  2. Click Settings
  3. Set Elevate to Always
  4. Click OK
  5. Click Apply or Start

Set it on both machines.

Paul Suarez

Have you tried closing stopping and closing Synergy and rebooting both machines after doing the steps I posted?

16 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Have you tried closing stopping and closing Synergy and rebooting both machines after doing the steps I posted?

yes, the problem is still intermittent. I can re-start the server and I the mouse button does work, but after a while (or a reboot) it stops, this isn't ideal really.

mrP

55 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Do you have any third party firewall or file security checking software installed on your machines?

no. I don't even run any anti-virus except windows defender.

mrP

Paul Suarez
On 6/29/2017 at 7:05 AM, Paul Suarez said:

then go ahead and post the screenshots I requested. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Paul Suarez

When that happens again, try doing Ctrl+Alt+Del then press escape. After that, move the cursor back to the client's screen. If it works, try to observe if it still continues to have the same problem after sometime.

i'm still having this issue which is very annoying, I know I haven't sent you the screenshots (as you requested) but I feel this is a waste of time, as others are having the same problems with the settings at default. setting evaluate to "always" made no difference to me.

I can get it working as I said, by re-starting the server, then in works for a while but will fail again. anyhow, this isn't a fix for the issues just a workaround :(

regards,

mrP

just out of interest, I tried the ctrl+alt+delete and escape method to see what happens, and it did work.

a little quicker than the other way I was using, so at least that's something. not a perfect method or a fix of course, but for now it's ok.

regards,

mrP

• 1 month later...
Ashley Abraham

same issue, I just move my mouse back to the server and click any where within the server then move back to the client it works again until it doesn't.

I've been doing the ctrl+alt+delete and pressing escape on the server screen and it works for a while and then, well... stops again. this wasn't too bad at first as it was initially a faster way to getting it to work, but now after doing this all the time, I am bored and annoyed again. I shouldn't need to do this!

I have removed all the (clients) keyboards and mice I was using before I started using Synergy, and don't have some of them now. this is the main reason I have not requested a refund. as I would need to get them setup again, and this is a pain, but so is using Synergy in its present state.

I paid extra for the encrypted version of Synergy but it doesn't work at all for me, so I paid for a feature that doesn't work.

I would like to know what my options are regarding this?

PS. thanks for your input on this Ashley and everyone else who's commented :)

Using 1.8.8 on Windows 10 as server, and Mac 10.12.6 as client.

I apparently have the same mouse click issue.  Specifically, if I leave the mouse cursor on the client for a certain period of time without mouse action (maybe a minute or so?), then clicks stop working on client.  To fix, simply move mouse cursor back to server and then back to client, and clicks work again on client (clicking on server is not necessary).  It seems to be some sort of timeout, it is very consistent.  I'm not sure if mouse motion on client prevents the timeout, but mouse clicking on client certainly prevents timeout.  Keyboard activity on client does not prevent timeout.

Edited by Tim M.
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm having the same problem, where clicks don't work on the client intermittently.

I have Windows 10 64bit V1703 OS Build 15063.608 as the server, and my client is currently on Windows 10 64bit V1703 OS Build 15063.413

I have found that whenever I receive a notification on my Server, that it breaks the clicking functionality on the client, although I can still move my mouse freely between both machines.

This seems to be any notification arriving via Windows 10's notification service that will show up in the Action Centre.

Hope this helps towards fixing this issue.

On 23.8.2017 at 0:39 AM, Ashley Abraham said:

version 1.8.7 worked very well for me, i'll probably downgrade it.

Hi together,

I have the same problem. Where can I download the 1.8.7 version?

On 9/26/2017 at 9:03 AM, davidm said:

Hi all

I'm having the same problem, where clicks don't work on the client intermittently.

I have Windows 10 64bit V1703 OS Build 15063.608 as the server, and my client is currently on Windows 10 64bit V1703 OS Build 15063.413

I have found that whenever I receive a notification on my Server, that it breaks the clicking functionality on the client, although I can still move my mouse freely between both machines.

This seems to be any notification arriving via Windows 10's notification service that will show up in the Action Centre.

Hope this helps towards fixing this issue.

So I realized I was still on 1.8.7 with my above mentioned experience. I updated to 1.8.8 and the notification coming through on the server breaking the mouse clicks on the client seems to be solved.

Will use 1.8.8 for a while to see if I at any point experience what you guys do.

James Weissman

Using 1.8.7-stable-9799e96 (01/19/, 2017),  I find that after locking and then returning to either my client or server workstation I can mouse onto my client machine, but the click does not register.

The solution that works for me is simply to click Stop on the server. I wait until I see the 'process n shut down gracefully' [running on Win 10] then click Start and all is good. Annoying but it works.

1 hour ago, James Weissman said:

The solution that works for me is simply to click Stop on the server. I wait until I see the 'process n shut down gracefully' [running on Win 10] then click Start and all is good. Annoying but it works.

I have upgraded to 1.8.8 and I am STILL getting the same problem. this HAS to be fixed otherwise I want some-sort of discount/refund. I am fed up with it now. ok, I do understand it's not the worst thing in the world, but still... this NEEDS TO WORK!!!!

James (Weissman) no, it's not a "solution" sadly, it's a "temporary" work-around (at best) I can also "fix it" by going to the server screen, doing a ctrl+alt+del and then pressing esc, but this is only a temporary solution and doesn't actually FIX anything!!