Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Will not work after computers sleep

Holly Mac

I have an iMac and an HP laptop with dual screens. It worked great yesterday (I had to set it up again since I got a new laptop to replace the old one). It was working great, but I always find that in the morning when I log back inot the computers after they've been sleeping, it doesn't work. This happened with the old laptop as well, but after multiple tries, I was able to make it work. Seems to be a consistent problem. I sometimes will have to click "start" and "apply" again to jump start it, but even that doesn't work.

System info:

Network: WiFi

iMac: Retina 5k, late 2015, OS Sierra 10.12.5 (server)

HP: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-ba0xx, Windows 10 Home version 1703, OS build 15063.413

Synergy version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2, Build date March 16, 2017

Holly Mac
49 minutes ago, Holly Mac said:

I have an iMac and an HP laptop with dual screens. It worked great yesterday (I had to set it up again since I got a new laptop to replace the old one). It was working great, but I always find that in the morning when I log back inot the computers after they've been sleeping, it doesn't work. This happened with the old laptop as well, but after multiple tries, I was able to make it work. Seems to be a consistent problem. I sometimes will have to click "start" and "apply" again to jump start it, but even that doesn't work.

System info:

Network: WiFi

iMac: Retina 5k, late 2015, OS Sierra 10.12.5 (server)

HP: HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-ba0xx, Windows 10 Home version 1703, OS build 15063.413

Synergy version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2, Build date March 16, 2017

I should add, that I am noticing it always works when I reboot. although I do not want to have to reboot all of the time just to get it to work.

Paul Suarez

Hi @Holly Mac! Can you set the elevation on your Windows machine to "always"?

1. Click Edit
  2. Click Settings
  3. Set Elevate to Always
  4. Click OK
  5. Click Apply or Start

Let us know how it goes.:)

Holly Mac

So it's probably good that Elevate is on the client HP, since it's supported? How does Elevate work? What exactly does it do? @Paul Suarez

Edited by Holly Mac
Paul Suarez
2 hours ago, Holly Mac said:

So it's probably good that Elevate is on the client HP, since it's supported? How does Elevate work? What exactly does it do? @Paul Suarez

Elevate runs Synergy as an administrator. By defaults it is on "as needed" state. Setting it as always makes it run as an administrator all the time.