Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Can't connect - endless progress bars

Roadworrier

I had the same problem. I installed Synergy on W10 Pro and W7 machines. W10 wanted me to reboot. But the connection between the two machines worked fine.. (well, mostly, couldn't use the Services panel). So I went ahead and rebooted. I got the endless progress bars on both machines. I could see they could talk to each other because if I moved the icons on one, they changed on the other. And I knew it had just worked, because it was working before I rebooted, so no firewall business. I took Jerry's advice and pressed F12 on the primary machine, and it fixed things! Synergy started working. (Still can't use services, but that's for another topic) Gotta say I REALLY do not like the no-interface new look. I want to see what the configurations are, I want to see what it's doing. Having to know a secret key ` to see the log is not how a program should work, the program should in its interface let you know how to look at the logs.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• strom

• Nick Bolton

• Paul Suarez

• D_Pain

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@strom Actually we're working on that! It probably won't be in 2.0 (November), but it could be in 2.1 (will be released a few months later).

I restart my pc. But it is still in endless progress bar. And I find that if I change position in windows, the changing position on Mac would also display. So I guess there is sti

Same issue here. 3 win 10 Computer 's. Reboot has no effect. Admin has no effect. 

Posted Images

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Yeah, the F12 thing is really annoying. It's supposed to automatically switch based on mouse/keyboard input but the feature is really experimental right now. We're making it more reliable going forward.

• 1 month later...
On 07/07/2017 at 4:47 PM, Nick Bolton said:

@Jerry Hou Could you remove the "Kris MacBook Pro" screen from @strom's config?

Hey @Jerry Hou, I'm still unable to make a connection to any computers, I think the problem may be the leftover name with spaces in my config file. Every time I remove this it just comes straight back — is this something you can remove for me? Thanks

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 8/25/2017 at 0:18 PM, strom said:

Hey @Jerry Hou, I'm still unable to make a connection to any computers, I think the problem may be the leftover name with spaces in my config file. Every time I remove this it just comes straight back — is this something you can remove for me? Thanks

I think you could be right, could you paste a copy of your config? Should be in:

/Users/[your user name]/Library/Preferences/Symless/Synergy/synergy.conf