Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Connection issues

I don't know how this is supposed to be set up. I have two computers, one desktop and one laptop. Desktop is connected with Ethernet to the network with a win10 64 bit os. Desktop is custom built and set as the server. Laptop is the new HP envy running win 10 64 bit as well connected via wifi to network. 

I followed the instructions to set it up, however, when going to the screen and links screen, the client was not showing up. 

Paul Suarez

Hi @Aster. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

• Like 1
Paul Suarez

Basing it on the screenshots, they are not on the same network. Server machine is on 192.168.0.x network while client machine is on 192.168.1.x network. They should be on the same network or at lease the same subnet, so long as there's no restriction set on that subnet(s) for them to communicate.

Ok... A little lost here, but I think I understand. I connected my desktop to my modem, and i have a router for my Wi-Fi, is there a way I can connect them on a subnet? (I don't really know this stuff, but always up to learn)

Paul Suarez

Hi @Aster. Do you have your router connected to to the modem as well? If so, are they connected from the LAN port of the modem going to the LAN port of the router using an Ethernet (RJ45) cable?

Paul Suarez

Would it be an option for you to have your desktop connected to the router instead of the modem? You can use an Ethernet cable to connect it to the router as well.

I've connected the two to the same router, though the ip address is not showing the same except for the last digit. 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Edited by Aster
Attached screenshots

I did the first time. But it didn't seem to do anything. I followed the instructions and went into it and changed it up. It still doesn't want to connect

Capture.PNG

Paul Suarez

Basing it on the previous screenshots, your screen names are "Ashwin Home" and "HP Ashwin" right?

Yes I changed the screen names thanks to the edit feature. The machine names are what are showed in the last screenshot 

Paul Suarez

Did you hit on Apply or Start after doing changing the names? If so, please stop Synergy on both machines and reboot them. Try it again after the reboot.

Paul Suarez

Please post post another set of screenshots of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.