Hello! šŸ‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Synergy 2 beta Drag and Drop Dosen't Work?

I have heard several rumors about drag and drop on previous visions doesn't work or not work very well in Synergy this problem is flooded all over the web. But I took a step and bought the latest Beta version and found out that it still not work its been passed so many years why its not fixed? I have also tested ShareMouse Demo version the drag and drop works perfectly even I have transferred 12 GB file form Mac to Win 10. Whats up with Synergy? Before you ask me more details of my system here it is

Synergy is installed on my Mac pro OSX 10.12.5 and Windows 10 Pro. (both are updated to latest)

My PC is connect to LAN and Mac is on wifi on same private network (before testing Firewall and antivirus disabled on both computers)

Drag and Drop small FILE text, gif, png, zip, exe etc doesn't work, copy small FILE text, zip png etc and tried to past on either computer dosn't work

Mouse Works, copy past text works !

Any future of drag and drop?

Regards

no reply ? I only bought your software for drag and drop functionality .. the function currently working in Synergy is even offered in free versions of other KVM software. so kindly reply if this feature is even exist in beta and what will be the status of the software when it'llĀ  be in stable version otherwise guide me for the refund!

Edited by Waq
Paul Suarez

Hi @Waq. We're sorry to hear about your concerns with the drag and drop feature. I just wan to verify though if you're having problems with both v1.x and v2.

update: installed v1.9 through forum sticky on top accepted as basic license didn't work at first after setting up log setting to Debug 1 on both server and client managed to transfer small file. Whats the story behind Debug 1 ? seeing this fix for long time why don't you fix it forever. and what type of license I have I though it was pro? when i signed up for purchase.Ā 

Edited by Waq

update 2: Only transfer small files like in KBs. cannot transfer large files say 1gb ... No progress to show if its transferring or not. copy/paste of files still don't work. Folder transfer is not possible. very disappointing.

Paul Suarez

Hi @Waq. Have you tried restarting both machines already? also, have you tried switching roles (server switch to client and vice versa)?

I did restating machines severely times!. Installing/uninstalling software on both machines, manually deleting Registry Keys from PC.Ā  Switching client/server on both machines. you name it I did it. YES making PC as server transfer files (without any indication/status ) but for me its no use.It seems the software is misbehaving with Mac/OSX. I did try on my second MAC and i had same problem I'm going to post the log if you really need it but seeing so many users complainingĀ  about it must be known problem. one thing I would like to say here while respecting you time on answering of user questions but your answers areĀ  short incomplete and so much general and not answering everything that user is asking you. Like this user waste another day for for same inquiry to be answered which was asked previously. So I would appreciate if you take my lookĀ  on my queries once again and this time you/your team comes with the proper solution. Thanks