Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Windowed Gaming Issues

I am using Synergy to control 2 pc's to play 2 mmorpg games simultaneously.  I am currently using Input Director, which works very well except a fair flaw which impacts my game play, so looking for a better software even if i have to pay for it at reasonable price - hence trying Synergy!

Synergy v2.0 beta Feedback

Ranking 1 to 4

1 = Minor Inconvenience - Meh, ah well

2 = Moderate Inconvenience - Would be nice if this was fixed

3 = Major Inconvenience - Really should be fixed, over time would be a cause to try another program

4 = Game Breaking! - Must e fixed, I can't use this program!

-  Cannot move cursor from server wpc to slave pc when server pc is loading.  2

-  When moving cursor from slave pc to server pc when slave pc is loading, there is an approx. 1sec delay.  1

-  Using the mouse to change view direction/angle on the slave is extreme, i.e. look at the floor to look at the sky while only moving the mouse ~1mm - makes it hard to control the in-game movement direction on the slave pc.  4

-  Mouse-Wheel to zoom in/out is greatly reduced. 1

- Slave pc game plays as though having low FPS / high ping. 2-3

Will update as i find things

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

-  Using the mouse to change view direction/angle on the slave is extreme, i.e. look at the floor to look at the sky while only moving the mouse ~1mm - makes it hard to control the in-game movement direction on the slave pc.  4

There's a "relative mouse moves" option in Synergy 1 (not yet available in Synergy 2). Could you go to the download page and give Synergy 1 a try?

• 2 months later...
On 7/6/2017 at 6:20 PM, Nick Bolton said:

There's a "relative mouse moves" option in Synergy 1 (not yet available in Synergy 2). Could you go to the download page and give Synergy 1 a try?

Hi Nick,

In regards to "relative mouse moves"

Synergy 1, the extreme in viewing was not so severe as beta 2 naturally, however it is still a bit too much.  

As to the option in Synergy 1 on the server pc in 'configure server', selecting/deselecting "relative mouse moves" made no change in the game.

Synergy 1

-  Cannot move cursor from server pc to slave pc when server pc is loading.  2

-  When moving cursor from slave pc to server pc when slave pc is loading, there is an approx. 1sec delay.  1

-  Using the mouse to change view direction/angle on the slave is too sensitive, however not as extreme as Synergy 2 beta 2, 3 (will test on betav3)

-  Mouse-Wheel to zoom in/out is greatly reduced. 1

- Slave pc game plays as though having low FPS / high ping. 2-3

Synergy 1

-  Moving cursor from slave pc to server pc, there is an approx. 1sec pause on the edge of server pc.  2 (Was not noticed in Synergy 2 beta2)

Synergy 2 Beta 3

When Game Windows Active:

-  Cannot move cursor from server pc to slave pc when server pc is loading.  2

-  Moving cursor from slave pc to server pc when slave pc is loading, there is an approx. 1sec delay.  1

-  Moving cursor from slave pc to server pc, there is an approx. 1sec pause on the edge of server pc.  2

-  Using the mouse to change view direction/angle on the slave is too sensitive 2

-  Mouse-Wheel to zoom in/out is greatly reduced. 1

- Slave pc game plays as though having low FPS / high ping. 2-3

Overall, its good, fixing the 1 sec pause when going from slave to server pc would be my first preference to be fixed, the other 3 items are more livable.