Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Some key combinations not appearing on client

Carles Bruguera

Hi this is a recurrent topic that have been somehow polished over the last version, but still have some flows: In my current work setup with two osx computers, synergy 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 installed on both, still having the same issue. I'll try to provide more details:

- When typing { and [ symols on my spanish keyboard , note that i have to hit Alt Gr / Option + the keys you see in the picture. What i get on the client computer is the ´ symbol when i hit the { key or NOTHING if i hit the [ key . It seems like the ALT key is not being send, but this not happens for all the symbols of the numeric keys like @# for example.

In this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y7rofooe6jtkn6w/AAC3B340AYUQfwlJ1aVipZYga?dl=0 you'll find logs from the server and client with DEBUG2 enabled (sorry but the forum doesn't allow me to upload them= On this logs, other that the needed mouse movement and click to focus, there are 4 keystrockes made, i detail you the strokes and the outcome:

SERVER: Alt + [ key ----> CLIENT: no output
SERVER: Alt + ] key ----> CLIENT: ] is printed correctly
SERVER: Alt + { key ----> CLIENT: no output
SERVER: Alt + } key ----> CLIENT: ´} is printed correctly, note that two charecters are printed, the ´ is coming from the previous keystroke like it was done without the Alt key pressed.

Server details:
--------------------
OSX 10.11.6
Spanish ISO Keyboard Layout
Keyboard: Rapoo E9270P 5G

Client Details
-------------------
OSX 10.12.5
Spanish ISO Keyboard Layout
keyboard: Native spanish macbookpro keyboard

Please ask me anything more you need to know, details, logs, i'll provide it, I really need this to be working with my current work.

Thank you very much

Paul Suarez

Your server, is that a laptop or a desktop? Also, have you tried using the left Alt instead of the AltGr?

Carles Bruguera

It's a desktop PC, with OSX installed.

Yes, I tried with both Alt keys.

Just tried to use that different mappings you've posted, but they don't work either, and i don't fully get the purpose of that mappings. Take into account that of the expected symbols [] and {}  one of the "closing" symbols does work and the other one doesn't, If there were a problem related to how the AltGr is mapped, wouldn't it affect all symbols that are done trough AltGr + KEY ? It's just that two ones that fail.

Thank you

Paul Suarez

Have you also tried switching roles? Like set the current server as the client. Let me know how it goes when doing that.

Paul Suarez

I suspect that this could be an issue with the Alt key being stuck. Can you try using v1.9.0rc3 and check if it still does that on that version? You can download it from the tagged thread below.

Carles Bruguera

Hi, just installed 1.0.0rc3 on both client and server, same issues.

Also changed roles, and similar issues, i'll write down the result: (Now Server is the laptopc (with builtin keyboard) and client the desktop)

SERVER: Alt + [ key ----> CLIENT: ≤ is printed
SERVER: Alt + ] key ----> CLIENT: ] is printed correctly
SERVER: Alt + { key ----> CLIENT: no output
SERVER: Alt + } key ----> CLIENT: ´} is printed correctly, note that two charecters are printed, the ´ is coming from the previous keystroke like it was done without the Alt key pressed.

I found an old original mac wired full keyboard and repeated the tests. With the mac keyboard plugged on the desktop computer, the results are EXACT the same than with the Rapoo keyboard plugged. As you also said me to change roles, i did it with this keyboard too, and the results are the same as i posted first on this post when changing roles.

Paul Suarez

I'll try to check with our developers if this is related to an open issue in our GitHub page (Different keyboard layouts causes key mismatch #4280).

Carles Bruguera

Just a little bit more information. I Used a tool called Karabiner to log keyboard events, and i attach you what i got. The events-server.png is the same keystrokes i used on this post, when you see even the up down events of the keys. Here you can see an important thing:

• Physical AltGr on my keyboard is correctly mapped to Opt (see the Flag column)

On the events-client.png, note that I did exactly the same, but there are some important differences:

• Opt keypresses that on the other logs are shown as "FlagsChanged" eventType seem that are not received at all.
  • 0x21 key code corresponding to BRACKET_LEFT  [ seems that is not received at all
  • 0x27 key code corresponding to QUOTE and char } is received with code 0x1b, which is wrong

Hope it helps solving the issue.

events-server.png

events-client.png

• 4 weeks later...
Carles Bruguera

Hi, any update on this issue? There's something i can do to help?

I'm open to do a remote debugging session with Teamviewer or whatever you need. I really need this to work.

Thank you

• 5 months later...