Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mac loses disconnects when screen locks

I have my macbook as a client and on version one if the screen went to sleep or locked I could still control it. On version 2 I go to move the mouse to it and it wakes the screen, but then loses connection and I can't type with the keyboard to log back into the macbook. I have MacBook set to not allow hard disk to sleep and prevent computer from sleeping and wake for wifi network access (basically all I have is the screen turning off after 15 min).Server is windows 10 pro. https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-07-11/324-2017-07-11T13-20-38.log

Once logged in using the macbooks keyboard things get synced back up (after about 15-20 sec) Sometimes I have to close the client and re open it though.

Edited by Namtr0
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hey, so your issue is simply that after your Mac resumes from sleep it takes a long time to reconnect? (15-20 sec)

On 7/12/2017 at 1:31 AM, Nick Bolton said:

Hey, so your issue is simply that after your Mac resumes from sleep it takes a long time to reconnect? (15-20 sec)

That is part of it. It seems to be working better it's intermittent, but it seems I'm still having to close synergy on client and server and restart them if they go to sleep. I'm not sure what is going on. I'll try to get another log dump when it happens again. (basically it seems like they lose sync and only one stays full green in the program while the other has the connection bar rolling).

I'll post another detailed scenario when it happens to provide a better picture.

5 hours ago, Namtr0 said:

That is part of it. It seems to be working better it's intermittent, but it seems I'm still having to close synergy on client and server and restart them if they go to sleep. I'm not sure what is going on. I'll try to get another log dump when it happens again. (basically it seems like they lose sync and only one stays full green in the program while the other has the connection bar rolling).

I'll post another detailed scenario when it happens to provide a better picture.

Here is the log for continued problem:

https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-07-13/324-2017-07-13T15-55-32.log

Came back from time away from desk. and the OSX machine just has the connection bar going but never connects. Have to kill both server and client and launch server, then client again, server is win10

Paul Suarez

Hi @Namtr0! Can you send us the logs that it'll generate after relaunching Synergy on both? The logs you sent us only has connects and disconnects on it. The source should be on top. Like when it occurs the first time after starting Synergy.

Guest Jerry Hou

The log is alway written to a file and the filename is mentioned at the top of the console. Each time you open the GUI, console represents a fresh log window. Not reading from the beginning of the log file.

Paul Suarez

HI @Namtr0, do you still experience the same thing? If so, can you try to press any keys on your Mac's keyboard first or click the mouse on it? Then wait for a couple of seconds and pres F12 on your Windows machine and try if it gets back to a working state.

Let us know how it goes.

I do, but not as often, the logs I have are from a reboot into linux. My mac started fine this morning and connected to Win10 (main machine) just fine, then I rebooted mac into ubuntu and it just spins and I have to restart both, here are logs for it, I'll get logs after reboot in a sec.
https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-07-18/324-2017-07-18T10-42-46.log
https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-07-18/324-2017-07-18T10-42-54.log