Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Drag and drop not working

Vászoly

Hi,

I have just purchased the pro version of synergy and is using it on two Windows 10 machines.

Everything is working fine however, the drag and drop function doesn't work.

Symptom:
----------------------------------------------------------------

If a drag a file to the other screen the mouse continues but I am no longer holding the files? 

Also, I cannot copy paste files either from one machine to the other.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I presume that because everything else works fine that it could just be a configuration problem.

What am I doing wrong?

As the machines are used for work it is important that this issue is resolved as soon as possible, any help would be much appreciated.  

• Like 1
Vászoly

Hi Paul!

Both machines have been rebooting multiple times for the past week, but to no effect, I haven't tried reinstalling will give it a try Monday.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help!

• 1 month later...

I'm having exactly the same issue, synnergy running on Mac OS as a server and using Ubuntu as a client. Would be amazing to get this to work

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Nick... Have you found a solution to this yet?

I have Synergy Version 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2 and did not purchase the upgrade because this problem wasn't addressed for so long.

The OS info: Windows 10 Home PC for Server, and Windows 7 Laptop as Client.

I managed to get the connection, and use of keyboard and mouse working but I cannot copy and paste, or drag and drop files between the two, either way. Copy-Paste of clipboard text works intermittently only. I've tried changing the logging level to Default1 and disabling SSL to no effect.

Have you managed to find a solution to this issue yet?

I'll also email you at [email protected]. Would appreciate your help on this. Thanks.