Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

I cant´ connect - no matter what

Benjamin Wulff

I have a desktop IMST0053 and a laptop PC007478. Recently I got a new laptop and installed latest Synergy stable version.

But after install i cant connect - i´ve tried everything. I keep getting an error.

I never had problems before (though connecting has been challenging

I even tried to uninstall and install Synergy on both computers but no luck

I even delete the files in C:\Users\Appdata\local\... because it seems to have a cookie from my old laptop IMTLA0393 

It should be simple - but... help

Server_4_IMTLA0303.jpg

Server_3.jpg

Server_2.jpg

Server_1.jpg

1 hour ago, Benjamin Wulff said:

I have a desktop IMST0053 and a laptop PC007478. Recently I got a new laptop and installed latest Synergy stable version.

But after install i cant connect - i´ve tried everything. I keep getting an error.

I never had problems before (though connecting has been challenging

I even tried to uninstall and install Synergy on both computers but no luck

I even delete the files in C:\Users\Appdata\local\... because it seems to have a cookie from my old laptop IMTLA0393 

It should be simple - but... help

Server_4_IMTLA0303.jpg

Server_3.jpg

Server_2.jpg

Server_1.jpg

I was having the same problem when I had to reinstall the os on my desktop. I couldn't get Synergy to connect for the life of me. What I did is uninstalled Synergy on both PC and Laptop, then Reinstalled Synergy on my desktop as the Server first, once installed on the desktop then I installed it on my laptop making it the client. After I had it reinstalled I when to my desktop and configured Synergy after configured I clicked start Server then I went back to Synergy on my laptop and started the client after which they finally connected. Took me several uninstalls and installs as well as messing with the settings on both before I finally figured out the Server side needs to be configured first and started then the client. If you haven't already tried this try it and see if it works. I'm stuck with I can't copy or drag and drop anything except text from pc to laptop/pc. I can copy txt and paste it on my laptop like a web address and such but can't drag and drop anything.

Paul Suarez

Re-installation is not really necessary on his scenario @tlc08071. This is just a configuration problem I assume.

@Benjamin Wulff, since you are adding a new machine on your current setup, you'll need to add that machine's screen name on your server configuration first.

Benjamin Wulff

Both Server and Client is should be configured probably, both port 24800 and no SSL

[2017-07-13T06:17:01] WARNING: failed to connect to server: Connection was refused
[2017-07-13T06:17:02] NOTE: connecting to 'IMTST0053': 10.200.7.81:24800

Both updated to 1.8.8.

I tried to unset SSL but i makes no differents

I always thought you should both start the service on both Server AND Client, but i can understand you only should start it on the Server host?

How I delete all data from previous setups? I remembers last setup even if i uninstall. Tried to uninstall and run Ccleaner but no effect

Client.png

Benjamin Wulff

But I still would like to know how to activate/deactivate Ctrl+Alt+Del on my 3rd screen? 

I didn't have the options mentioned in the article, maybe bacuase i run W10

Så if it´s enabled and i want to enable it then it hust check "not configured" again?

http://toastergremlin.com/?p=590

Benjamin Wulff
11 minutes ago, Paul Suarez said:

Have you tried using Ctrl+Alt+Pause/Break already?

Hey Paul,

Yes that´s the problem - it was set up to work with my old laptop IMTLA0393 (se screenshots) but it came up with errors after i set it up with my new laptop PC007478

A colluegue of mine made the configuration on the server (i assume?) and didn´t know how to fix it so I ended up reinstall Windows after I´ve torn all my hair out of my head.

But now it works - I haven+ t configured it in Local Group Policy Editor yet, don´t think i dare ;-)

Paul Suarez

I see. Thanks for the update @Benjamin Wulff. If this happens next time (hope not though ^_^), might as well check if the configuration saved is through a manually made (or saved) config file or if it's using an interactive configuration. But the best thing would be backing up your configuration file may it be manually configured/written or though interactive configuration. ;)