Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

My PC can't connect...

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Could you close Synergy on your Mac, then open it again and re-upload the log?

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
WARNING: unknown quartz event type: 0x1d

@Jerry Hou This error is making it impossible for me to see what problem the user is having. I've raised a bug to make that log message quieter. Please make sure it gets into the beta3 so I can help this user.

@Greg Edwards Annoyingly, your log has been spammed with that red herring, so I can't see the real error. I'm purely guessing here, but I think it's probably because there's a firewall blocking the connection?

Paul Suarez
1 minute ago, Greg Edwards said:

FYI...the PC still disconnects after a few minutes. Pressing F12 again fixes the issue temporarily. 

Are you pressing any keys or mouse buttons on the client machine?

Greg Edwards

Yes, the Synergy PC (server) connection seems to hold until I click the mouse or press a key (any key, e.g., just pressed the spacebar) on the Mac (client). At that point, it seems to lose the PC connection until I press F12 on the PC again.  FWIW, just moving the mouse using the client doesn't seem to break the connection. I'm not really sure how to reverse the client/server relationship with this new version to test it the other way. Thanks for your continued support!

Paul Suarez

When you press any keyboard keys or mouse buttons on your client machine(s), it grabs the server's seat from the current server. This way, you can use the previously set as client machine to be the server and control the previously set as server machine from there.

Greg Edwards

OK, that makes sense. So it could just be an error establishing the Mac as the server. I haven't yet been able to successfully control the PC from the Mac.

Edited by Greg Edwards