Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Client needing manual reconnection

I have my sever running on a Mac 10.12.5 and Client is Windows 7 PC. My PC stays in my office and I take my Mac home every night. Every day when I come in, synergy doesn't auto connect and I have to quit synergy and restart on the Mac to generate a new IP address and then re-enter the new IP address onto the client before it will connect. It really defeats the purpose of trying to have only one set of mouse and keyboard in my office.

Paul Suarez

Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both/all machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Synergy Version: 1.8.7-stabel-9799e96

Server: Mac; Connection: WiFi and Ethernet

Client: PC; Connection: WiFi

Attached: Mac and PC OS version, Mac and PC Synergy Interface, Mac Server Configuration

MacOS.png

PCOS.PNG

Mac Synergy Interface.png

PC Synergy Interface.PNG

Server Configuration.png

That absolutely had the opposite affect!  Now I cannot connect at all. Using both IP addresses from the server, I now get the following error on the client:

ERROR: ipc connection error, code=19

ERROR: ipc connection error, connection refused

Paul Suarez

Please post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

All I did was update the SW to 1.9 as you noted. I didn't change anything on the interface or server configuration so its identical to what i posted before...

Paul Suarez

Exactly my point @Tunjiy. There's a possibility that your machine(s) have received a different set of IP address(es) and could be the reason for this need to do a manual re-connection.

Paul Suarez

I see @Tunjiy. Then please  post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine. 

This is ridiculous, not only will my client on my PC not connect anymore, I also am unable to un-install it!!!

Edited by Tunjiy