Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Mouse on Mac Server, Windows Clint - still funky?

ChunkLady

Upgrading from 1.8.4 to 1.8.8 seems to change a bit of the funky mouse-control on windows vs. mac. I have latest Mac OSX - controlling a Windows 10 machine. For a few versions, the mouse on this was like double speed on X and normal speed on Y. Now its almost okay, but still, seems like there are some problems with the acceleration of the mouse? Its still not moving as EITHER windows NOR mac.

Its not a real biggie, its just an annoyance :)

ChunkLady

@Paul Suarez : I just updated both client and server, but it still has a "snap to X-axis" problem. Its like: moving the mouse up and and 2 cm will move the mouse on y, 400 pixels up and down (for example). But when moving the mouse on the x-axis and slowly moving the mouse the same 1-2 cm up (or down) will not move the mouse in any Y direction at all. 

The same goes for the Y axis, but slowly adjusting the X-movement of the mouse. Its like it can't handle mouse movements on either X or Y, unless its large movements. 

Also the X-movement still seems to have some kind of multiplier applied to it, so 1cm mouse to the left, equals ~0.75cm movement up - in pixel-movement.

Hope this makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...
ChunkLady

@Paul Suarez: any news? The mouse is very very laggy. im connected via 1000mbit cat5e cable, through a HP ProCurve switch. There can't be more than 6-7 meters of wire between the different machines. Pings between machines are barely measurable in ms's.  The lag seems to be oriented in the software - the mouse is basically useless on Windows, when the master is Mac.

• 3 weeks later...
ChunkLady

I just tested and verified this same behaviour on three sets of mac + windows at work. This is definitely still an issue. Could it be related to the way the mouse-movements is caught on mac ? The mouse seems centered to the center of the screen, and all movements are instantly counteracted with a "reset" to the middle of the scree ?

When just moving the mouse around normally on a windows-slave environment, its like the mouse is drunk.

@Paul Suarez any news?

ChunkLady

Just a case in point: When rotating the mouse around in circles, on my Mac-Server, the mouse stays in place, and rotates around the same center that I move around with the mouse. Thats normal behaviour. When doing the same on my windows-slave, the mouse will move steadily top-left instead of doing circles - after only a few (5-10) small circles the mouse will have drifted to the far top left of the corner. Its that bad. Also, "circles" i make on the slave, looks more like squares due to the snap-to-axis issue.

This is me rotating the mouse on the Windows CLIENT, controlled from a mac SERVER. The rotation are entirely centred around the same pivot point and i do not move the mouse more to the left than to the right or mor up than down. This behaviour is entirely the Synergy app's own idea / concept. This is what happens.. 

(image is upside down for some reason). 

This is the same behaviour that is probably causing the "snap to axis" experience - or this is caused by the "snap to axis".

Please give us a fix - or at least a reply.

Edited by ChunkLady