Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Changed system name of PC, now what!

rhendrix9

I had to change the system name of the host computer and now I can't change configuration?

I ran "configure server" but it still tried to use the old name!

I rebooted

I searched and removed what I thought was the config file. been using synergy for a while and there were synergy.sgc files in many places.

Is synergy.sgc even the configuation file still?

I didn't see anything in the windows reg file

i rebooted again

I uninstalled then reinstalled, I don't know how but it's still using the old name!!!

What is the name and where is the synergy config file supposed to be?

The host is Windows 8.1 and the ver. is 1.8.6 stable

Any suggestions?

I am having the same issue, it seems the company does NOT care about it's customers, there is no email support and there is no option to call.. I mean this company can follow "Acronis" business model and charge us one time $20 to resolve the issue but I guess, it's best to ask for a refund or better yet call the credit card company and put a hold on the transaction -- find a better company..

Paul Suarez

Hi @rhendrix9. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

rhendrix9
20 hours ago, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @rhendrix9. Please provide more details about your machines (OS, 32/64 bit, Synergy version installed, connected to the network via Ethernet or Wi-Fi, specify which one is the server). Also, post a screenshot of both machine's Synergy interface and the Server Configuration interface on your server machine.

Right after I sent my first message I found the setting I needed.I selected "Settings" from the "Edit" menu I changed the screen name.

Thanks