Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Siri KB shortcut on macOS doesn't work

SECTORTWO

Bumping this since I'm having the same issue. Command+Space makes spotlight search flash on and off rapidly instead of calling up Siri.

Paul Suarez

Hi @SECTORTWO. Have you seen the Apple support article about Mac keyboard shortcuts?

Command–Space bar Spotlight: Show or hide the Spotlight search field. To perform a Spotlight search from a Finder window, press Command–Option–Space bar. If you use multiple input sources to type in different languages, these shortcuts change input sources instead of showing Spotlight.

This is what it shows there. Can you check if you have multiple input sources please. :)

SECTORTWO
On 7/15/2017 at 0:29 AM, Paul Suarez said:

Hi @SECTORTWO. Have you seen the Apple support article about Mac keyboard shortcuts?

Command–Space bar Spotlight: Show or hide the Spotlight search field. To perform a Spotlight search from a Finder window, press Command–Option–Space bar. If you use multiple input sources to type in different languages, these shortcuts change input sources instead of showing Spotlight.

This is what it shows there. Can you check if you have multiple input sources please. :)

Hi Paul, sorry that I wasn't really clear with my post.

Just to clarify what I meant is that by default holding Cmd+Space brings up Siri and pressing Cmd+Space brings up Spotlight. These shortcuts work normally for me when I use them on a keyboard that is directly connected to the Mac. However using the Siri shortcut via Synergy only makes Spotlight search toggle on and off rapidly (i.e. instead of recognising the keystrokes as a "hold" it recognises it as the keys being pressed and released rapidly).

SECTORTWO

Unfortunately changing the shortcuts is just a workaround and not a real fix though. Hopefully you guys will be able to replicate or fix the bug. :)