Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Feature Requests

Hello,

I read and searched through the forum and didn't see these features specifically listed. They would make this product much better (at least for me). If I at least had the option that would be great, but it seems like the interface was greatly simplified, which I am hoping is just because it is a beta and the intention is not to sacrifice functionality for simplicity.

• Offline license validation (One of the systems I control with Synergy does not have access to the internet, so it can't connect to the login page to authenticate)
  • The ability to specify which network interface I want the traffic to traverse
    • I run Hyper-V and Docker on the both the server and client, it kept trying to use the Docker NAT interface for the connection
    • I also switch networks a lot, and am connected to multiple networks simultaneously via wired, wireless, and VPN, but I always use the same Wi-Fi network for Synergy.
    • The only way I ended up getting it to work was to disable all but the adapters that synergy connects with (and it stopped working when I re-enabled the adapters but that was done after I created those logs and had already rolled back Synergy).
  • Better support for configuring multiple monitors
    • The ability to specify which monitors will switch controls between the client and server
    • The ability to specify "dead zones" so controls won't switch

Thank you.

Michael Souders
On 7/14/2017 at 7:16 PM, Monty said:
  • Offline license validation (One of the systems I control with Synergy does not have access to the internet, so it can't connect to the login page to authenticate)
  • The ability to specify which network interface I want the traffic to traverse
    • I run Hyper-V and Docker on the both the server and client, it kept trying to use the Docker NAT interface for the connection
    • I also switch networks a lot, and am connected to multiple networks simultaneously via wired, wireless, and VPN, but I always use the same Wi-Fi network for Synergy.

I would +1 this request as well.