Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

TeamViewer and Synergy fighting for the clipboard(s)

Hi,

First, here's my log: [ UI ] [2017-07-15T12:25:17] INFO: Upload path: https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-07-15/472-2017-07-15T12-25-15.log

As you can see, whenever I have TeamViewer with a remote control connection open, both apps are fighting for clipboard usage and neither of them actually gets it :)) So copy-paste does not work. Ofc, this will be a harder bug to track down and/or fix, because I assume that both apps' dev team will want to have it their way :).

But I am happy to help. Ask if you need extra info. Thanks!

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Maybe we should write a TeamViewer alternative :D

Hmm, but seriously I'm really not sure what a workaround could be. Any ideas @Andrew Nelless ?

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
On 7/18/2017 at 9:48 AM, quad_bx said:

Erm...maybe one solution could be to allow us to disable clipboard sharing from the interface? :)

Does TeamViewer have an option to disable this?

11 minutes ago, Nick Bolton said:

Does TeamViewer have an option to disable this?

I see what you did there... :P No, I actually need clipboard sharing between host and remote machine via TV, what I don't currently need is shared clipboard between my desktops that are connected via Synergy. But yes, TV has the option to disable clipboard sync.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

I guess we should play fair and add a setting to disable clipboard sharing! We've actually been avoiding a settings screen so far, as we want to make sure we're not working around problems by adding settings. We want to fix root problems with the UI as opposed to masking the symptoms. However, we will be adding a settings screen nearer to the final release in November, as they are kind of inevitable.

• Like 1

That would be great. Like 1.8/1.9 had enough settings, those will do. Maybe hide them, so that the settings screen is shown only when you press a secret key combo, but they should be there... Just think about the swath of users that are OCD'ing when they can't rename/delete/move screens around. :P

• Like 1