Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Wont run on desktop bootup

RyanRoberts

SynergyPro user

Server = Windows 8.1

Client 1 = Raspbian

Client 2 = Raspbian

Client 3 = Raspbian

All 3 Raspbian machines (Raspberry Pi3) have exactly the same set up. Each of the operating systems use the full capacity of the SD card. 2 Clients start Synergy upon desktop boot perfectly every time. One needs a manual start.

All 3 Clients had Raspbian installed the same way.

All 3 Clients had Synergy installed the exact same way with-

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install synergy

Then run through the GUI wizard to set-up, they all work fine. Then I create the file to run Synergy on startup

mkdir -p ~/.config/autostart

nano ~/.config/autostart/synergy.desktop

Then add lines to the autostart file

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Synergy Client
Exec=/usr/local/bin/synergyc xxx.xxx.x.xxx
Type=application

When rebooted 2 of the Clients start fine, 1 still needs a manual start. The ONLY difference between them are the 2 that work fine have a 16GB image on the SD card, the 1 that doesn't work has a 64GB image.

This is really puzzling me!

Paul Suarez

Hi @RyanRoberts. How do you reboot your machine? Also, is that a 64GB SD card with Noobs preloaded? Did you install Raspbian on all of those three SD cards through Noobs?

RyanRoberts

All 3 were installed from NOOBS. And, no, I downloaded and copied NOOBS onto the cards myself.

I'm currently working on a solution- I think it' something to do with the version of NOOBS used. The 2 that work fine were created from my original download, the one that doesn't work was from the most recent version available. I'm trying to find which version I originally had!

RyanRoberts
2 hours ago, RyanRoberts said:

All 3 were installed from NOOBS. And, no, I downloaded and copied NOOBS onto the cards myself.

I'm currently working on a solution- I think it' something to do with the version of NOOBS used. The 2 that work fine were created from my original download, the one that doesn't work was from the most recent version available. I'm trying to find which version I originally had!

After trying a full install and setup from each version of NOOBS released this year, I still can't get Synergy to start on desktop boot on the 64GB version. 

The 2 working ones were setup using NOOBS 2.3.0.