Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Clipboard sharing can't be disabled?

[deleted]

Would be great to get a prefs screen in beta3 so we can disable the shared clipboard. Apple provides a shared clipboard since Sierra, so I would use that if I: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25168

Aside: I think clipboard sharing is actually causing synergy to freak out a bit. I get "Pasting from MyServer" alerts that hangs on my client that are a total surprise (meaning, I didn't actually paste anything, so I'm not sure whats going on, or why it hangs)

Paul Suarez
3 hours ago, Nick Bolton said:

I guess we should play fair and add a setting to disable clipboard sharing! We've actually been avoiding a settings screen so far, as we want to make sure we're not working around problems by adding settings. We want to fix root problems with the UI as opposed to masking the symptoms. However, we will be adding a settings screen nearer to the final release in November, as they are kind of inevitable.

I hope this answers this @Sudara;)

[deleted]

Thanks Paul,

I appreciate wanting to keep things simple. How about we remove that feature from synergy on osx since it's a system feature anyway? :D 

I'm wondering if the clipboard stuff is actively causing issues on 2.0 on osx. Next time I fire everything up I'll get you guys some logs, they look suspicious. I'd love to turn it off, since that's a whole separate feature I will never use. 

Paul Suarez

Totally removing that feature might not really be a great option for everyone @Sudara. It should be handled by having an option to either turn it off or let it stay on. ^_^

AndyLeeMeUk

The issue which I had with 1.8 and the 1.9 beta was that clipboard sharing would randomly reenable itself without warning.  You only twigged this was the case when there were major slowdowns on transition.

I would propose a hybrid solution to the one @Sundra has proposed, how about, if all clients and servers are Mac OS, clipboard sharing is off by default?  If not there is an option (default on) to turn it on or off?

My set up is all OS and the fact that it re-enable's itself in V1 is just a pain in the butt.