Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Drag and Drop function doesn't work

Server: Windows 10 Pro {running Synergy 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2}

Client: Windows 7 Pro (x64) {running Synergy 1.8.8-stable-25a8cb2}

Everything works perfectly except the drag and drop function that was advertised in the payed versions of the program 

!Something else i tried installing Synergy 1.9.0-rc3 ..But in windows 7 i got the error "synergy service failed to start .Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services" ( I run the .msi with "Run as Administrator" )

Paul Suarez

Hi @IN3XUS. We are still doing some changes for this feature to work. Although we have Synergy 2.0 that has this function working now. Would you want to try it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Paul i would love to try synergy 2.0. BUT I don't want to pay a single penny for it .. as i can see i can't download v2 unless i pay you some early access fee .. witch is absolutly crazy to think of .. im a pro user of your product .. i was promised some features that they don't work. i was promised that it was a lifetime access to the program.
Im really sorry and sad to say this but im considering a refund i don't like shady startups

• Like 1
  • Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

@Paul Suarez Actually the drag and drop feature is exactly the same in Synergy 2, so trying that wouldn't help. We are planning improvements to the feature in 2.1, but that's a while off.

@IN3XUS The early access is for the beta, so unless you're a die-hard fan of Synergy it's probably not for you (and it won't fix drag and drop issues, sorry for the confusion). I'm sorry you're having problems with the drag and drop feature, please could you email [email protected] to get a refund?

Hi @Nick Bolton, thank you for coming into the thread and responding.

I just downloaded Synergy last night and I got it to work perfectly with the exception of the drag and drop feature, which is the reason I purchased it. So I just want to confirm that this feature will not be available anytime soon so that I may process a refund if it won't.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

It works for me (and many others) but not for some. We're constantly working on improving it, but it's a long process. That's software for you, it doesn't always work for everyone, and those people get a full refund: [email protected]

• Nick Bolton locked this topic