Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

login on linux doesn't work

So while I'm using arch since there is no package, I use the binaries from deb package, I run synergy2 binary and the window open with the sign in with symless option which I click, the browser starts in the login page, I login just fine but it doesn't login in the application.

Any ideas? I've tried using different default browsers but with the same result and the output on the terminal or the log file doesn't indicate any issues.

Anything in ~/.config/Symless/Synergy.conf ?

Does the file exist, can it be written? If not, perhaps log in on a different machine where Synergy works, then copy the userId and userToken from that conf file and port it over to your Arch installation.

there was a file from the 1.8 version I guess which I deleted but nothing changed honestly still the account page opens when I click login with symless but nothing more.

Some progress though, if I start synergc with the IP of a windows machine I have running (v2.0), the error I get on the windows machine is that the client name is unknown, but how can I configure that ?

If I run manually synergys on Linux I get no connections whatsoever from the windows machine on the same LAN, that one seems to be stuck on server mode.

The config file should get created with your ID and token when you authenticate. Does it appear after you finish typing in your credentials and confirm?

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Hey, sorry about that. We're having some scalability issues with our new cloud config server. We're frantically working to fix this now, so please sit tight!

• 1 month later...

Also been having this issue with Ubuntu 17.04. Hope there's some kind of workaround or a fix coming soon since I haven't been able to use the software since I purchased it.

I found this in the knowledgebase https://symless.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004721927-Wayland-support-on-Linux, but unsure if it's the same issue. Think that may be only for Fedora users though, as I can't find the specified dir or config file on my machine.

try installing synergy2-bin from the AUR, ill provide updates so you dont have to do all that yourself, also make sure you start the service correctly, this might intervene with the login.

read the comments for a service fix.

jaap aarts
10 hours ago, gbil said:

@jaap aartsnothing to do if the service is working or not and the configuration is ok, besides this was happening also with earlier versions

okay, thats kind of annoying, I was just trying something to see what happens.