Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

How do I install Beta 2.0 .RPM file on Windows 7 64 bit?

david dube
Hello,

I just paid for and download ver 2.0 beta...The download is an RPM file?  How do I install that to Windows 7 64 bit?

Please advise...Thanks...David
david dube

I received an e-mail from Nick Bolton (SynergyTeam) to "Test Drive Synergy Beta"  2.0 for $5 with a download link...I selected Windows 64-bit at whic time the .RPM file was downloaded. if you look on my account you will see the downloaded files...Please Advise...

david dube

Hi Paul,

I have downloaded and tried to install the .msi file...Once completed all I get is the image and log file below...and I cannot proceed any further...I am NOT a developer so perhaps this was a bad idea to be a beta tester...Pls advise...David

Synergy 2.0.jpg

david dube

Hi Paul...I'm a bit confused on what to do at this point...I currently am running ver 1.8 and seems to be working fine overall except for a very sluggish mouse at times...Not as smooth as one would expect...I have paid 5 bucks for ver 2.0 beta...So perhaps best for me at this point since I am not a developer to just have you guys keep me on the distribution list for Final Version. Does that work?  Unless you can remote into my computer to get me setup...

David

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

Please make sure you install Synergy 2 on both computers. It's not compatible with Synergy 1.

david dube

Hi Nick...Just returned from a short vacation trip with family...I will work on install this week and report back.

Thanks...David

david dube

Hi Nick...here is my follow-up...Ver 2.0 installed on 3 computers...Here's the issue...When the Main Computer (Server) launches ver 2.0 it totally disables the mouse...I need to then hard shut down and restart...NOT GOOD..Please Advise

David

david dube

Nick...In addition to previous post about disabled mouse...Actually the mouse works until it is moved to slave computer...at which time it works on slave computer BUT cannot move it back to server computer...As such it is disabled on main computer (server) and have to hard restart...NOT GOOD!

Please Advise...David