Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

If at 1st you don't succeed

Just installed Beta 2 on 2 WIn 10 Machines, 1 LAN, 1 Wifi - It wasn't very smooth. 1st boot showed only the 1 machine on the network on each pc -  after pretty much randomly shutting down and restarting the clients on both machines (didn't save logs but mainly a mixture of Server refused connection (so it could see the other machine but didn't display it in the UI) / 502 errors and could not find screen (ish) the 2nd PC appeared on 1 machine but not the other - after approximately 5 restarts of each client both appeared and the wifi client turned Green. Few more restarts of both and the 2nd machine also turned green. few more restarts and it connected - didn't change any network settings, configs etc it just finally worked - so far so good. I appreciate the efforts to make it a launch and forget system but the average user of a KVM is going to have some knowledge of IT/Networking so think there should be a Basic / Expert switch to allow for more troubleshooting.  

p.s. I noticed it said changed screen shape to 1440x900 but it's a Surface Pro with 2160x1440 - still seems to work ok though! 

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
13 minutes ago, SmeeHere said:

502 errors

Hey, sorry about that. We're having some scalability issues with our new cloud config server. We're frantically working to fix this now, so please sit tight!

GranPaSmurf

I've been thinking that also. The F12 claims server status. I was thinking that if it were a 'pop-down' showing the configuration with radio buttons one could change then that would include the ones of us that like to 'get under the hood' 

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

We'll be adding options to get under the hood just before we release in November.