Hello! 👋

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

3 side by side, V2 skips middle screen

GranPaSmurf

In the screenshot I have Synergy stopped on "Lenovo" screen. When I use this configuration, mouse skips center screen (Jangalang) Synergy moves the mouse from the left edge of Petersen to the right edge of Lenovo. The reverse is also true, from the right edge of Lenovo the the left edge of Petersen, skipping Jangalang altogether.

As a work-around I reposition Lenovo to stack above Jangalang, thus the bottom edge of Lenovo attaches to the top edge of Jangalang. Doing this allows me to use Synergy, though a little inconvenient. 5987110f5e9c9_Screenshot2017-08-0607_43_02.thumb.png.92178d15d13af77129d4d8b1fb332b5e.png

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

For some reason, our screen arrangement code has a tendency to generate weird configs that don't make sense (but it's not easy to reproduce). You can often fix this by shuffling your screens around until it works.

@Jerry Hou You're aware of this issue, right? I've seen it before...

I seem to be having the same issue.   If I have the middle screen using the mouse and keyboard and I go the left or right machine I am stuck there and cannot move back to the middle screen only the left and right screens.  

If the keyboard is being used from the left and right screens there is no issues and the mouse moves between all the screens.   The config looks identical on all three machines when checked.  

I have been messing with this for about an hour now and had to resort to the posters work around above and I have no issues in this mode other then having to remember to go up instead of to the right.

@Nick Bolton No I tried that for about an hour with no luck.  Here is my synergy.conf created on the PC in question.  The config looks correct.

section: screens
	SCLTW10-80096:
		halfDuplexCapsLock = false
		halfDuplexNumLock = false
		halfDuplexScrollLock = false
		xtestIsXineramaUnaware = false
		switchCorners = none
		switchCornerSize = 0
	SCDTWIN-079236:
		switchCorners = none
		switchCornerSize = 0
	Heaths-MacBook-Pro.local:
		switchCorners = none
		switchCornerSize = 0
end

section: links
	SCLTW10-80096:
		left = Heaths-MacBook-Pro.local
		right = SCDTWIN-079236
	SCDTWIN-079236:
		left = SCLTW10-80096
		left = Heaths-MacBook-Pro.local
	Heaths-MacBook-Pro.local:
		right = SCLTW10-80096
		right = SCDTWIN-079236
end

section: options
		relativeMouseMoves = false
		screenSaverSync = true
		win32KeepForeground = false
		switchCorners = none
		switchCornerSize = 0
end

Logs

https://synergy-logs.symless.com/2017-08-08/1177-2017-08-08T09-28-53.log

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton

The cloud server is back online thanks to @Andrew Nelless and @Dan Sorahan. Andrew implemented a temporary fix that should keep it online until we release beta4, which includes a much more scalable WebSockets network infrastructure.