Hello! đź‘‹

These forums are now archived (read only).

Join us on Discord.

Beta 3 sitting doing nothing (on osx)

[deleted]

Hey guys,

My previously working synergy setup no longer works. Both server and client just sit there with only the following in their logs:

[ UI ] [2017-08-07T22:20:26] WARNNIG: no font file: Raleway.otf
[ UI ] [2017-08-07T22:20:26] INFO: log filename: /Users/sudara/Library/Preferences/Symless/Synergy/synergy.log
[ UI ] [2017-08-07T22:20:27] DEBUG: new added screen pos: 257 161

This persists across synergy restarts and computer restarts.

I tried uninstalling by removing the app — I didn't see any uninstaller in the download, nor any preferences in /Library/Application Support or ~/Library/Application Support — are there plists somewhere?

Is this related to the cloud scaling issues? I think I saw others mention it around the forum. My ips did change since the last time I used synergy (from debugging wifi issues).

Also: Retina macbooks were released in 2012 but it looks like the 2.0 client is still not retina-ready -- just FYI the app looks fuzzy and old school on both my macbookpro and the imac.

GranPaSmurf

When I did a delete / reinstall I found that I needed to find the folder that held the Synergy configuration file then manually delete the file. 

Then when you do a clean install, Synergy creates a new configuration file so you are truly starting fresh.

I installed the server first, then the client. Synergy correctly identified the 2nd install as a client. 

Cheers 

[deleted]

Thanks!! Appreciate it. I deleted the ~/Library/Preferences/Symless/Synergy/synergy.conf on both computers but looks like there are cloud 504s, so no luck...

• Synergy Team
Nick Bolton
1 hour ago, Sudara said:

but looks like there are cloud 504s, so no luck...

Sorry about that, the cloud config server is offline. We're working hard to get this back online, please stick with us!